News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AudioMime

Quote from: Strategy on March 21, 2013, 01:15:59 AM
Been a while since I got much DIYing done - job and music/bands keeping me away from the bench. Was very glad to fire up the iron and do Tim Escobedo's "Simple Square Wave Shaper Made Simpler". Slowly I check off my list of Escobedo Circuit Snippets to build...and slowly, bit by bit I get better at the guts part of builds.
[

Could you possibly post a sound clip? I've always wondered how this thing sounded  :)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Jdansti

Quote from: Perrow on March 21, 2013, 01:01:41 PM
Your rat looks a bit crabby ;D

It definitely looks more delicious! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

JPRIZZ

I love the window idea!

JPRIZZ

I've been a long time lurker here and I finally feel like I have something worth showing off here. This is my Madbean Fatpants booster. A lot of inspiration came from the great builds I've seen in this thread.

glamor shot

top view

and guts

guitarmageddon

Let me be the first to say it...pure, unadulerated genius! :icon_biggrin:

John Lyons

Similar, both are great!
This is one by redfish-bluefish (byoc forum)

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Mustachio

Nice view John!

Man that is a great first pic post JPRIZZ , You pulled off the concept look perfect! My first thought when I seen it was WOW Why didn't I think of that! haha Beautiful and well executed!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

roseblood11

Wow, great designs!

I posted this before, but...

It's a Lovepedal Les Lius.

deadastronaut

@jprizz:  stunning.. 8)

@rose:  i remember that one..very nice!. 8)

@john: is that your bench?
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

gcme93

These fender pedals look awesome! I have to say that JPRIZZ's jack plug on top is my favourite though ;) Really nicely done
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

JPRIZZ

Thanks guys. Yep, I got the idea from the couple of builds I had seen here that had used pickguards. I am a slow builder and have had this idea for quite a while and I totally expected to see someone around here post something like this, with all the brilliant artists we have around here  :)
-Josh

John Lyons

Ah yes, forgot about that one Roseblood, quite nice!

@john: is that your bench?
Sort of. This bench has two work stations and
this is my helper's side.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on March 20, 2013, 08:40:04 PM
I wish I had the artistic talent you have Jon. What type of paint do you use? How do you clear coat it?

Thanks, Jimi.

I use mostly Tamiya model paints, with some ModelMaster colors thrown in. A very, very small brush for most of the line work and lettering. For clearcoating, it's just a spraycan poly.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

THOMMO

I finished this one tonight.

Guts. The 'Milk cans' you see here are 3AX83 Ge. transistors. I'd never heard of them either.....lol. But they work and they sound good to me!!

And one of a few little projects to use up the 1590A's I had. I also made a simple signal splitter/condenser, that has been borrowed by a mate, with a possible lead to me being able to fund this addiction outside the bank account  :icon_biggrin:

May The Twang Be With You

ch1naski

Those transistors look crazy.  (Edit) oops, I just reread the post.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

jimilee

Madbean retrograde, hendrix style. The inside is hideous, and I'm Ok with that.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: JPRIZZ on March 21, 2013, 11:51:53 PM

I saw this earlier and I picked up some pickguard material today at the shop.

Great looking pedal. I like creative themes. 8)
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

THOMMO

Quote from: ch1naski on March 22, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
Those transistors look crazy.  (Edit) oops, I just reread the post.
They are GIANT compared to any other transistor I've ever seen. I got them from Monkeykingshop on ebay.
I tried them in a FF clone but they didn't seem to perform as I'd hoped.
May The Twang Be With You