Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

WOW!!.... Just... WOW!!!  :o
On so many levels!

duck_arse

"favourite pants, or it never happened", to paraphrase.

and to quote, "wow". no bull.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

davent

jubal81, terrific design, fantastic execution!

What's the stomp switch you're using, i'm assuming a momemtary in conjunction with a latch for the relay?

Beautiful!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jubal81

Quote from: davent on July 28, 2014, 11:55:24 AM
jubal81, terrific design, fantastic execution!

What's the stomp switch you're using, i'm assuming a momemtary in conjunction with a latch for the relay?

Beautiful!
dave

Yeah, it's a board i designed a year or two ago to go with the PedalSync relay bypass chip. You can buy them at Smallbear.

JohnForeman

my Guitarpcb.com SWAH build.  I love this pedal.  I dont understand why every guitar solo ever made is not using one.  lol.  really though, it is a little addictive when you start using it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: JohnForeman on July 30, 2014, 06:16:34 AM

What are you using to space out your power jack here? Is that a custom cut spacer I see?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

allesz

OMG, the level of the builds is getting incredible.
I will post the guts of my lb boxes.... maybe someone will make something good out of it :icon_redface:

Jubal.... sorry for you pants, but the padal came out incredible.

Galego... the metal work is just stunning. It's about two years that I think of something similar (and I don't love the amt wah too, the size is perfect, but the sound is what matters in the end), but I never had the courage of doing it. It is something just above my humble diyer ability.

storyboardist

Finished this up a couple days ago.

Gut shot

It's a simple overdrive I came up with. Controls are volume and tone, and it cleans up nicely with the volume pot of the guitar. Named it after my son cuz I'm a sappy dad now.  :icon_lol:

Oh and Govmnt_Lacky and Duck_Arse, LOOK! No white washer! haha

duck_arse

I got's nothing against white washers. parents who names their kids Overdrive, on the other hand ....

storyboardist

Quote from: duck_arse on July 30, 2014, 11:57:35 AM
I got's nothing against white washers. parents who names their kids Overdrive, on the other hand ....

HAHA!

Hemmel

Quote from: duck_arse on July 30, 2014, 11:57:35 AM
parents who names their kids Overdrive, on the other hand ....

... are absolutely AWESOME !!!!  :D ;D ;)
Bââââ.

Alejandro B.

Custom box made for an albanian friend who fell in love with my rusty fuzz. In this case I´m only going to work in the enclusure, since my dyer friend is the one in charge on putting inside a fuzz face.
Little space available between jacks, pots and stomp switch; pot holes are made for 9mm pots.
A simple work with great results.

In a week or so I´ll send it across half Europe to his owner. We will see it complete in some weeks after that!! Sure!!

Hope you like it!! (He hasn´t seen pics yet.... let´s see how long it takes him to discover them!!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:)

Galego

Quote from: allesz on July 30, 2014, 09:45:48 AM
Galego... the metal work is just stunning. It's about two years that I think of something similar (and I don't love the amt wah too, the size is perfect, but the sound is what matters in the end), but I never had the courage of doing it. It is something just above my humble diyer ability.

Thanks! But I'm also still just a humble diyer (even though I do make money off it). I have no proper tools to build it other than a dremmel, an upright drill and a grinding wheel. Other than that I have to do everything with hand tools. Don't be afraid to fail, failure is always an option! Even if it fails miserably, you learn something and build up your skills.

Luke51411

Quote from: Galego on July 30, 2014, 01:25:51 PM
Thanks! But I'm also still just a humble diyer (even though I do make money off it). I have no proper tools to build it other than a dremmel, an upright drill and a grinding wheel. Other than that I have to do everything with hand tools. Don't be afraid to fail, failure is always an option! Even if it fails miserably, you learn something and build up your skills.

Wow, I'm inspired to build one, we'll see when I get around to it. My cutting and drilling is never as precise as I would like it to be though  ::)

seadi123

Quote from: Alejandro B. on July 30, 2014, 12:51:04 PM
Custom box made for an albanian friend who fell in love with my rusty fuzz. In this case I´m only going to work in the enclusure, since my dyer friend is the one in charge on putting inside a fuzz face.
Little space available between jacks, pots and stomp switch; pot holes are made for 9mm pots.
A simple work with great results.

In a week or so I´ll send it across half Europe to his owner. We will see it complete in some weeks after that!! Sure!!

Hope you like it!! (He hasn´t seen pics yet.... let´s see how long it takes him to discover them!!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:)

Oh my god it looks AWESOME :D I can't wait to have it in my hands :) So many special thanks to my friend Alejandro , who was so generous to build it for me , despite my econominal situation . The Jimi Hendrix etch on the lid looks so beautiful and unique . Now my duty is to make the best sounding fuzz out of it :D Thank you very much , Ale !

JohnForeman

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 30, 2014, 07:17:29 AM
Quote from: JohnForeman on July 30, 2014, 06:16:34 AM

What are you using to space out your power jack here? Is that a custom cut spacer I see?

I 3D printed a spacer. I like using the power jack with the external nut cause it's easier to wire things up.  And I can take all the internals out without having to unsolder the pwer.   the pcb mount is 3d printed also.

I did a video of the pedal in action.  i'm way pleased with this thing.
http://youtu.be/-5Ym8YX24kM

allesz

So here I post some bad cell phone pics of one LB box pedal.

IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/ddm7hz.jpg[/IMG]

@ Galego: you are a very good diyer!

I wish I had at least a standup drill: I do everything by hand, and it's difficult to be precise; with this small boxes it can be a nightmare.

For example you will se in the pics I hat to put a bigger washer (actually it's another bolt) on the 9V jack: I got a little too enthusiast with the drill, and the hole was too big... o well :icon_rolleyes:

@ Sofacar: nice use of the 1590a box, I don't like too much the standard orientation.

wildebelor

Heavy Stone is complete!  :icon_mrgreen:
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

duck_arse

allesz - don't think of it as covering a botch, call it "custom jack spacer". see john foreman's above yours.

leave nose tone unturned, nic, v. nice.