News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poojalooba_cow

I spent the last few months building a bunch of pedals.  I think I'm done for now, but I have my eye on a combo octave up/down circuit in the same box, and maybe some compressors and EQ pedals in the future.  

Neutron auto-wah (Mutron III clone), Fuzz Face, bufferless Tube Screamer, Easyvibe (John Hollis' Univibe clone), and the tiniest buffer pedal ever (at least the smallest one that's 9V powered). Plus my two pedals for my Fender Mustang III amp.

A couple of views of my super-tiny buffer pedal:

duck_arse

Alejandro - there is too much space in that box. the best way to keep pic size under control is to resize it with gimp or photoshop or corel or one of a million other graphics programs, before you up-post it at a hosting site. I dunno bout that joint you use, but places like imgur will suck in your full size, then give you links (well, you have to ask, but they are there) to re-sized images.

poojalooba - I only got "bad request" returned from those links. is it me or googoo doing wrong?
don't make me draw another line.

Luke51411

Alejandro: You can also just type "[img Height=###]" at the beginning of the pic link and the forum will resize it for you, I usually do height somewhere between 300-500

vigilante397

Quote from: duck_arse on October 29, 2014, 09:25:59 AM
Alejandro - there is too much space in that box. the best way to keep pic size under control is to resize it with gimp or photoshop or corel or one of a million other graphics programs, before you up-post it at a hosting site. I dunno bout that joint you use, but places like imgur will suck in your full size, then give you links (well, you have to ask, but they are there) to re-sized images.

poojalooba - I only got "bad request" returned from those links. is it me or googoo doing wrong?

Also not seeing the pictures.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

poojalooba_cow

Sorry.  They should work now.  I forgot to change the visibility settings.

vigilante397

Quote from: poojalooba_cow on October 29, 2014, 10:10:01 PM

Sorry.  They should work now.  I forgot to change the visibility settings.

I see them now :) Good looking setup you've got going there.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: poojalooba_cow on October 28, 2014, 09:39:26 PM
I think I'm done for now

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!  :D :D :D

As someone pointed out before me (was it Mark H?), this is the "Hotel California" of hobbies.   :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

sure is....your not going anywhere.. :icon_twisted:

;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

allesz

Quote from: peterg on October 25, 2014, 04:19:45 PM
Emerson Paramount circuit in a 1590LB box:

I hate you peterg: I thought I was the only one who made nice looking 1590lb pedals... but your is justa stunning. Bravo!
May I ask you what kind of jacks did you use?

peterg

Thanks Allesz. I used jacks similar to these: http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1331. I got mine at a local shop. They have less plastic than the Small Bear ones which allowed me to get the led closer to the jack side of the box.

seedlings

Rat feeding a Clark Gainster feeding another, always on, modified Gainster. (Runt & Eggheads from madbean) These stack very nicely.

CHAD

Govmnt_Lacky

@CHAD

Very nice execution on that build. What kind of wiring is that between the stomps? Doesn't look like normal cloth wire...
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

seedlings

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on October 30, 2014, 12:30:01 PM
@CHAD

Very nice execution on that build. What kind of wiring is that between the stomps? Doesn't look like normal cloth wire...

It is cloth over plastic.  As a tech for AT&T, every so often I come across surplus partial spool of this or that from the 60s or earlier (now not in spec).

CHAD

Mustachio

Sweet Build Chad! Those black knobs look pretty nice. Super clean build inside and out! Love that cloth covered wire.
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

bluebunny

Quote from: seedlings on October 30, 2014, 11:58:28 AM

Very nice build.  Did you take the picture in the middle of the road?   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

he's in hospital right now.... :)

8) build..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on October 31, 2014, 03:57:42 AM

not a "suicide king", but in the middle of the road. thrillseeker king? very nice, though, and the ace of spades, "that's a good card".
don't make me draw another line.

seedlings

Quote from: bluebunny on October 31, 2014, 03:57:42 AM

Sheesh no.  Middle of the road?  That's too scary.  This is the edge-of-the-road stripe.  Nice and safe out near the shoulder.  I did consider taking the picture in the middle of the road at the double yellow stripe to pull out the yellow in the graphic... but, I looked enough the fool over at the edge.

CHAD

threepwood

My take on Deadastronaut's Chasm reverb. Not very precise etch wise but I think the grungyness adds to the theme.

Large PCBs hide a multitude of sins.

Love Hoe this thing sounds. Great work Rob.

seedlings

Quote from: threepwood on October 31, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
My take on Deadastronaut's Chasm reverb. Not very precise etch wise but I think the grungyness adds to the theme.

Looks perfect!

CHAD