News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepwood

Quote from: threepwood on October 31, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
My take on Deadastronaut's Chasm reverb. Not very precise etch wise but I think the grungyness adds to the theme.

Large PCBs hide a multitude of sins.

Love how this thing sounds. Great work Rob.

threepwood

Oops. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up Seedlings.

akc1973

Here's my latest. I'm not really any good with the artistic side of things. Tried to incorporate Maxwells Equations in this one. It's the X Fuzz by Dead Astronaut. Love the sound  - thats the main thing
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

italianguy63

Great stuff!

Love the playing card theme.  How did you do the artwork?  Suicide Kings, yes.  (Great movie BTW with Christopher Walken and Denis Leary).  Suicide King is the king of hearts.

Maxwell?  Of the "silver hammer" fame?

Love the skull w/eyes -- fitting for a Halloween post!

Since the pic thread has recently taken a "Dead Astronaut" theme.  I will add to it.  My favorite haunt (my shop were I find a bunch of surplus electronics and hardware):

Note Rob's vehicle on the roof.  He is hovering around often.  This place used to specialize in NASA surplus back in the day.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Alejandro B.

60´s style Hive Fuzz custom built for a new friend. Taking the main concept of a Shin-ei we have developed it until we have a find our fuzz. Reverse etched and a pair of leds under each speed knob. Very hard to build it but finally I´ve reach quite a good looking pedal.... or I think so  ;D

PS: Some ideas used in this pedal have been taken, obviously, from this great place!!

threepwood

Quote from: threepwood on October 31, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
My take on Deadastronaut's Chasm reverb. Not very precise etch wise but I think the grungyness adds to the theme.

Large PCBs hide a multitude of sins.

Love how this thing sounds. Great work Rob.

duck_arse

Alejandro - allow me be the one that says "sweet looking pedal".

italian - they might be needing those rockets soon ....

seedlings - back when, I was doing camera for an album cover. the band was stood in the middle of the median strip of the main road, 6 lanes, me on the footpath, and phil, holding an extra flash-gun, had to step onto the road at the signal to fill-flash the band members. that's how he got his album credit "phil 'get of the road, dickhead' moyes - flash". this was at night, obviously.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on November 01, 2014, 09:14:04 AM
italian - they might be needing those rockets soon ....

No doubt... been a bad space week.

I actually think they are big wing tip fuel tanks...
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Mac Walker

Enclosure MADNESS

IKEA FZ1.......ish.  Not sure if the mojo purists will like the relief cuts.....this was bent by hand, with the assistance of a couple of C clamps and a 1 x 4, on the edge of a utility table.

Need to comp a few things, address a few clearance issues.

1590b sized econobox.  Not even close to the cost of die casting, lol.   Will most definitely evolve into a wedge shape!

Not enough room for the growing family?   Go double wide!

vigilante397

Quote from: Alejandro B. on November 01, 2014, 05:59:42 AM

THIS. OH MY GOODNESS THIS. SO MUCH THIS. YES.

This is so amazing I can't even form coherent sentence. Wow. That's all I can say.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

davent

Quote from: Alejandro B. on November 01, 2014, 05:59:42 AM

That is a great photo of a great looking pedal! Nicely done!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Mario44

It's been a long time since I've made any effect, but here I am. My friend wanted a tubescreamer for his Peavey JSX amp that could have external remote control. The idea was to turn on two things: tube distortion channel and tubescreamer at the same time.
So I decided to use simple 5V relay switches. Here is how the tubescreamer looks with additional small jack output and relay hooked up on the super glue to 3PDT switch. On the breadboard there is second relay that is gonna be inside of the JSX's footswtch.
I'm gonna use one of it's stompswitch for turning on/off the relay and it will short trace in the footswitch for turning dist on + sending 5V signal to the relay inside effect. Additionaly I can also send power supply through that cable since I made it Stereo cable.
The JSX's footswitch has 14V inside, so I will make stabilizers at 5V for relays and for e.g 12V or 9V for supplying the TS. The additional power supply is plugged as a battery into the effect, so when I plug external power supply, it will be cut off. Quite simple and cheap solution, and still TRUE BYPASS!  8)
Btw, these white dots on the paint is only dirt. Box is standart hammond 1590B.

akc1973

Quote from: italianguy63 on November 01, 2014, 04:08:47 AM

Maxwell?  Of the "silver hammer" fame?

MC
Not of Silver Hammer fame. But rather James Clerk Maxwell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clerk_Maxwell

akc1973
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

Crowella

When you simply cannot care about finishing an enclosure because you would rather the pedal worked.  :icon_lol:

Just took one really quick and poor coat of matte black in the wind on my extremely belted and gritty enclosure I used for debugging. I'll give it a better home soon.  :icon_lol:

Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

Mustachio

@Al That Hive fuzz is a beauty ! Is that the same bee used at gaussmarkov ?

@Mac wow all those enclosures are amazing man the relief cuts are a great idea I dont think it takes away from them at all. Nice stuff!

@MC Woah man that space place looks awesome I wanna go too!

@Crow Awesome you got it all going man I was following your thread here and I caught a glimpse of it over on reddit great stuff man!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

deadastronaut

been busy this last week or so destroying space missions again...sorry, but its getting too crowded up here... ;D

man that shop is the nuts!.. 8)

@threpwood:  cool chasm man..the grungy etch really suits it  8)

@alejandro: uber nice pedal...must've been a pain getting the leds under there , 3mm leds with spacers on the pot shafts?..

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Alejandro B.

Davent, vigilante397, Mustachio, deadastronaut. thank you so much for those encouraging words!! Its thanks to this forum that I try always to do my best in order to have pedals worthy to show in it!! This thread is a constant source of inspiration and knowledge for me!!´

@ Mustachio: I didn´t know about gaussmarkov.Great place!! My bee is, let´s say, less hairy  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:, but certaintly is quite similar.
@ deadastronaut: You have said it: a real pain!!, Those 3mm leds are placed very near to pots as you can see in this picture:

So near that I had to isolate led legs with heatshrink and pots with a double layer washer made of foamy (that material used by children to make puppets and so on in school). It´s very hard with 16mm pots. Next time I´ll use 9mm pots!!

Thanks again boys!!

deadastronaut

8)   looks great man...well worth the pain in the ass... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

LucasElerBrazil

Tube Screamer Frankenstein