News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Dan-echo

Started by Ripper, August 23, 2005, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ripper

I was wondering if anyone had any mods for the the dan-echo pedal and maybe a copy of a manual for it.
Thanks
Ripper

bass_econo

I saw this... but I doubt it would be something you would be interested in. http://www.e-basteln.de/harp/

Ripper

Thanks for the link, I had checked it out, but it really isn't what I was looking for, however it does seem like a smart mod for any of the harp players out there.

ExpAnonColin

I have not modified Dan Echos, however, I have modified (and am modifying!) Danelectro PB&Js, which are fairly similar in that they use the PT2395 chip.

What kind of mods are you looking to do?  More delay time?  Self oscillation?  Auxillary feedback loop?  Vibrato?  Expression pedals?  Overwrite/don't overwrite switch?

-Colin

LP Hovercraft

...Or the Reel Echo?  I get pretty intimidated by surface mount components.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: LP Hovercraft...Or the Reel Echo?  I get pretty intimidated by surface mount components.

The reel echo is not PT2395 based and I hate it.  So there.  :x

-Colin

Ripper

I was looking for maybe for a true bypass mod for this, and maybe how to open up the delay time somewhat.

PurpleTheory

Colin,

I heard some clips of a modded PB&J that you did and it was awesome! Have you documented your PB&J mods anywhere, and are they difficult to do? If you don't want to divulge your secrets I totally understand.

Cheers,
Matt

jmasciswannabe

There is a 15k resistor coming form the repeats pot  (i THink), if you lower the value you can get oscillation....I used a 5.6k and with the repeat pot all the way up I get slow oscillation and if I back the knob off just a tad with my toe I can make the oscillation fade back out. I dig it...got the idea to do it from the rebote 2 mod.
....the staircase had one too many steps

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: PurpleTheoryColin,

I heard some clips of a modded PB&J that you did and it was awesome! Have you documented your PB&J mods anywhere, and are they difficult to do? If you don't want to divulge your secrets I totally understand.

Cheers,
Matt

Of course I'm happy to share.  Like the above poster said, it is a matter of replacing a resitor.  It's an SMD resitor, it's very close to the pot's mounting lug on the edge.  It's the farthest to the left.  Just unsolder taht SMD resistor and put a 10k in place (that's how I do it).  For the coarse, I simply switch on/off a 20k pot in series with the normal 5k.

-Colin

Eddie V

Quote from: ExpAnonColinI have not modified Dan Echos, however, I have modified (and am modifying!) Danelectro PB&Js, which are fairly similar in that they use the PT2395 chip.

What kind of mods are you looking to do?  More delay time?  Self oscillation?  Auxillary feedback loop?  Vibrato?  Expression pedals?  Overwrite/don't overwrite switch?

-Colin

Hey, I am also moding a Pb& J,

So How could I get more delay time? Also am interested in the vibrato.

So far I am thinking of putting an overwrite/ dont overwrite switch and an expression pedal on the speed.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Eddie V
Quote from: ExpAnonColinI have not modified Dan Echos, however, I have modified (and am modifying!) Danelectro PB&Js, which are fairly similar in that they use the PT2395 chip.

-Colin

So far I am thinking of putting an overwrite/ dont overwrite switch and an expression pedal on the speed.

For the coarse, I simply switch on/off a 20k pot in series with the normal 5k.

For vibrato, you could use a photocell in series with the delay pot or try varying the PT2395's input voltage.  Or just using an effects loop...

-Colin

Eddie V

Quote from: ExpAnonColin
Quote from: Eddie V

-Colin

For the coarse, I simply switch on/off a 20k pot in series with the normal 5k.

For vibrato, you could use a photocell in series with the delay pot or try varying the PT2395's input voltage.  Or just using an effects loop...

-Colin

Thanks, that works great.
Do you think there is a way to make it loop?