Supa trem today

Started by Penguin, August 23, 2005, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguin

so i got bored watching the music store and started doing a rather unique trem pedal

whats really interesting if you take a pencil eraser and rub the sharpie off the back of the chips you get it all off really quick.  Thanks Mike

i dont' have the schematic YET but heres the Parts list

lf351n
lf442cn
AD711JN

resistors
7 100k metal film
2  8.2k
2  1M
2  10k
2 trimmers i didn't get the specs on

caps
2  4.7uf 35v tiny tiny caps
.1uf film greenie
.001uf yellow tiny cap axial leaded
2.2uf 50v
1uf 50v

3 1n4148
and of course the led/ldr module

dual ganged 1M rate control
100k?? mix control couldn't get a real good look
three Tpdt switches.
stereo input and output

very clean indeed inside quite impressed.

ed
In a corner of the churchyard, Where the myrtle boughs entwine, Grow the roses in their poses, Fertilized by Clementine.

Hal

Quote from: Penguinso i got bored watching the music store and started doing a rather unique trem pedal

whats really interesting if you take a pencil eraser and rub the sharpie off the back of the chips you get it all off really quick.  Thanks Mike

huh?

Steve C

What year is that pedal?  Most likely a newer one?

no one ever

he used sharpie to cover up the chip names?
(chk chk chk)

BDuguay

Quoteso i got bored watching the music store and started doing a rather unique trem pedal

whats really interesting if you take a pencil eraser and rub the sharpie off the back of the chips you get it all off really quick. Thanks Mike

huh?

same here. Huh?
B.

Penguin

perhaps i should have been more clear.  When i said doing a trem pedal i meant. i started to trace it out ie reverse engineer it. it is a new one this year.  and yes he used a sharpie or some off brand of sharpie to cover the markings on the pedal.
:D

Ed
In a corner of the churchyard, Where the myrtle boughs entwine, Grow the roses in their poses, Fertilized by Clementine.

bwanasonic

Interesting info in case I ever need to repair mine. It's built like a tank though.

Kerry M

SonicVI

Quote from: Penguinperhaps i should have been more clear.  When i said doing a trem pedal i meant. i started to trace it out ie reverse engineer it. it is a new one this year.  and yes he used a sharpie or some off brand of sharpie to cover the markings on the pedal.
:D

Ed

I thought he only uses Fulltone brand permanent markers for extra darkness and mojo?

BDuguay

Gotcha :wink:
So, are you saying it's a newer Supa Trem?
My curiosity is official piqued.
B.

Penguin

a "friend" or ours at the local music store sold us his Rig.  He had a lot of brand name pedals on there well nearly everyone mentioned on this forum.

for my own personal curiosity i will be looking at the keeley compressor too.

problem is they have been closed a couple days this week so i havent gotten to hang out there, but i am working out a deal hopefully on one or more of the pedals.

it is supposed to be made 2005 around feb i beleive

ed

no one ever

i want to see a pic of the guts of the supa-trem
(chk chk chk)

Penguin

Quote from: no one everi want to see a pic of the guts of the supa-trem

send me a camera and we are on. :D
i am working on it

ed

BDuguay

I'm with you no one ever.
B.

Dave_B

Quote from: SonicVII thought he only uses Fulltone brand permanent markers for extra darkness and mojo?
Do NOT confuse this permanent marker with the Sharpie marker that they "borrowed" from his actual Molds... Yes, they convin$ed his overseas factory to copy his permanent markers but they forgot 1 important aspect: Either one comes off with an eraser.  

It's OK to aspire to mysterious circuit manufacturing, but at least do it right! (laughter)
Help build our Wiki!

bwanasonic

Quote from: no one everi want to see a pic of the guts of the supa-trem

Kind of wondering if it's worth trying a BB OPA134 in the AD711 slot? And BTW - it's pretty easy to read the chip markings in oblque lighting with a magnifying glass.

Kerry M

spudulike

Any chance of a pic of the board trace-side ?

Steve C

If you use the current part list given in this thread, the pedal won't work whenever it does get traced out.  

My Supa Trem is from 98' and only has one trim pot that's unnecessary.  You only really need one 3pdt, one dpdt, and the hard/soft only needs to be a spst.  Really a waste to use three of the 3pdt switches.

bwanasonic

I think Mike uses the 3PDTs for reliability reasons. I don't plan on dismantling mine any time soon. BTW - both trims are quite useful. One sets the boost when the effect is engaged, the other sets the wave shape of the *soft* trem. Another nice feature of the more recent models is the large knobs used, making foot adjustments of rate and depth very easy.

Kerry M

Steve C

Quote from: bwanasonicOne sets the boost when the effect is engaged

That's the one that's not on mine.

Quote from: bwanasonicthe other sets the wave shape of the *soft* trem.

Have you ever adjusted this trimpot?  I couldn't make out any audible difference at all, while adjusting mine.

Quote from: bwanasonicAnother nice feature of the more recent models is the large knobs used, making foot adjustments of rate and depth very easy.

Kerry M

It would be even better if it was in a wah case, and you could adjust the speed by rocker pedal.

Penguin

Quote from: Steve CIf you use the current part list given in this thread, the pedal won't work whenever it does get traced out.  

My Supa Trem is from 98' and only has one trim pot that's unnecessary.  You only really need one 3pdt, one dpdt, and the hard/soft only needs to be a spst.  Really a waste to use three of the 3pdt switches.

what do you mean it won't work with this parts list??? i am not quite sure what you mean.  the pedal works now. and these are the parts measured and read from it so i am confused why it wouldn't work when its traced??

ed