Need help choosing a Ge transistor.

Started by JimRayden, August 28, 2005, 11:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRayden

I can't seem to find much info on the transistors selling near here.

Go to www.oomipood.ee and search for "Ge-N" or "Ge-P" (in the top-left corner).

Withing the results, can you refer me the good ones for stompboxes, especially Rangemaster.

Thank you very much.

----------
Jimbo

nelson

AC128

I think they were used in original fuzz faces.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

disto

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/

give information and specs for lots of components this might help to find a transistor that is similar to one you need...

JimRayden

Quote from: nelsonAC128

I think they were used in original fuzz faces.

I would of been happy with this answer, except the lil' red label means that it's not currently in stock. That means a few months of waiting time. :\

----------
Jimbo

nelson

www.muskding.de

plenty of AC128's in specific gain ranges too
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

BD13UK

You should be able to pick up AC128's or OC44's on Ebay that will be ok for a Rangemaster, I got 6 x Mullard black Glass types about a year ago and they were all pretty good sounding.
Brian

The Tone God

I pick the ones with mojo.

Andrew

P.S. got nothing. :roll:

JimRayden

You don't get the point huh? The point is, the local store has germaniums in stock and I thought of using one of them for a rangemaster. There is no eBay at where I live, and shipping would be too much of a hassle.

I'm not searching for the most expensive and most best sounding mojo OC44. I just want to use the ones I can get locally. That's the store I linked to.

----------
Jimbo

spudulike

Ok, I dont speak Finnish (or whatever language its is), but of the PNP's I would go for the 2SB's. Ive used them once before, and they have a pretty good reputation over at Musikding - seem to be pretty consistent and reliable.

Ive never heard of the "GT" range they sell, but at the price difference I would buy a few and breadboard 'em ;)

steve b.

JimRayden

Spudulike: It's Estonian.

Hmmkay, now I have the choice down to 2SB324 and AC188K.

-----------
Jimbo

spudulike

JimRayden

Lol, it's OK. Only us and the Finnish can tell the difference anyway, it's real similiar.

----------
Jimbo