Skyripper pcb/layout?

Started by Coriolis, August 29, 2005, 03:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coriolis

Hi there!
Is there such a thing as a pcb/vero layout for this? Or is it back to the drawing board? :(

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

PB Wilson

There was one floating around. I had it but lost it in a computer meltdown.

Gotta remember to make hard-copies!

:evil:

Freddy205

I have one. It's in Powerpoint format. Whats your email address?

Aharon

Freddy..that would be a nice one to send to Fuzz Central.........
Aharon

nightingale

i would dig a copy of that one too.

ry at nightingalesounds.com

thanks in advance,
ry
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

bluesdevil

Hope somebody can post a pcb of this for eveybody (image file or pdf), 'cause I know I would definitely  want it!!!!  I've been leaning more towards pcb's lately since I'm realizing how much less debugging I've had to do with those for my builds.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Skreddy

http://skreddypedals.com/circuits/NVN

Joe; if you object to me sharing these please let me know.  I assume it's okay to share them freely(?)

Bill Bergman

I've got several versions of layouts I did for Joe a long time ago. I'll post them if I can find them. They were all done in powerpoint though.

joegagan

oops, the above layouts have problems.

there was apparently an intertrace capacitance going on, boards made from these layouts had a squeal til I cut the long parallel traces in the mid section and rerouted those traces with jumpers.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

OK, update.
I found later version of the layout and schematic.
Also at Marc's site:
http://marc.happybob.com/circuits/ripper4_files/v3_document.htm

there are numerous slides , all potentially helpful.

the layout posted here was tested by me and did not have the trace probs of the earlier version.
The schematic is also later version, this version with the bias control is later and a better one to use.
all data in this file corresponds to a specific time period, all schematics and layouts match each other.

Can't comment on the rotary switch diagram, I never tried it. I think Bill Bergman did that one.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

bluesdevil

Thanks, Joe!!!! Will also give the rotary switch a try as well, will get everything on my next round of parts ordering soon.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

tungngruv

The rotary switch looks like a good idea but....... I replaced all my SPST switches with stomp switches. My Skyripper now has 6 stomp switches (Buffer B/P, Range B/P, Fuzz B/P, Rip, Rip Bias and Cut Boost). I didn't have a 100K pot with a switch on the back so just wired a SPST stomp switch in series. I also replaced the 2 1M pots I originally used with the correct Dual Gang pot for the buffer, big difference!! I've noticed having all the switches stompswitches really allows you to "pre set" some sounds and have them happen without missing a lick! One last thing, after playing this for a week and some days, I consider it to be my favorite, truly another "instrument" that belongs right next to my guitars. Most versatile, fun and useable.