BeH*inger GDI 21

Started by Aharon, August 29, 2005, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aharon

FWIW......
I just got a GDI 21,not brain surgery to realize that is a close relative of the GT2.
My GT clone cost more to build than the CAN$49 I paid for this baby.Sounds very close to the real thing if not identical at a fraction plus sports a DI output.
Can't go  wrong.
Just a heads up.........
Aharon

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

That one is on my list of BEHRINGER pedals to get, along with:

Tuner
Reverb
Bass DI
Graphic Eq
Acoustic modeller
Ultra octaver

:)

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

wui223

Yeah, i am going for the delay, chorus and Wah maybe. Is alll the stuffs up for sale now? I see none appear in local store

Aharon

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.comThat one is on my list of BEHRINGER pedals to get, along with:

Tuner
Reverb
Bass DI
Graphic Eq
Acoustic modeller
Ultra octaver

:)

Fp

Hi Fp...........hey I wouldn't mind the reverb and the EQ,thanks for that list.
Aharon

Aharon

Just picked up the EQ and ordered the AB100 switch.
The EQ is great and as somebody pointed out not long ago is the unsung hero of the effect world.
My LP needed a little low end taming when using the neck p/u and with the EQ I was able to fix it right away.
Ok,probably won't survive a 300 dates a year touring schedule but let's get real......it'll probably be ok for bar gigs and clubs.

Aharon
Aharon

BDuguay

Aharon
Did you get those at our local Loan & Persuade on Mainway?
B.

MartyMart

Aharon, that's good to know ... just ordered one along with a tremolo and
an acoustic modeler ! @ £15 each    ( I have enough DIY OD's ! )
God these things are too cheap !!

Marty :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

spudulike

@ Marty -
 Where did you order them from ? Ive tried about 8 stores oop north and they all say "check back frequently - no, were not taking orders" ... :(

Aharon

Quote from: BDuguayAharon
Did you get those at our local Loan & Persuade on Mainway?
B.

Hahahahahaha,that's a good one Duguay,Loan&Persuade.........yes that's where I got them,they have a whole bunch.I ordered the AB100 and they told me that it would only take a couple of days.
I'm hoping to get one a week or so just for kicks.
TAke care.
Aharon

Aharon

Quote from: MartyMartAharon, that's good to know ... just ordered one along with a tremolo and

Right on Marty,I don't mind pluncking a few bucks down at these prices!,I almost feel guilty........
Aharon

Aharon

One thing I forgot to mention,I haven't opened mine yet but when you plug the cord in ,if you have the amp going,they make a high pitched sound .....it's almost like a digital chip settling after power-up.......
Aharon

MartyMart

Quote from: spudulike@ Marty -
 Where did you order them from ? Ive tried about 8 stores oop north and they all say "check back frequently - no, were not taking orders" ... :(

"Dolphin Music" - found 'em on-line !!
www.dolphinmusic.co.uk

They have several of the pedals in stock ( about 12 types ) and more to
come in a few weeks.
The "Tech 21 alike" is £24.99
all the pedals are £15 and shipping on any number of items was £6

Marty  :wink:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

MartyMart

Quote from: AharonOne thing I forgot to mention,I haven't opened mine yet but when you plug the cord in ,if you have the amp going,they make a high pitched sound .....it's almost like a digital chip settling after power-up.......

I own quite a few things that do exactly that .... and some were expensive !!!
No worries, plug in with the volume down or amp off, thats good practice
anyway !!  :wink:

Marty.

bryantabuteau

my real GT2 does that.  so it must be a good clone :)

barret77

just got mine, gdi 21, for $ 19 (craigslist...)

It was brand new. I bought it because I wanted a DI, and the analog amp modeling wouldn't hurt. I have never used a real sansamp, so I can't compare. I found it nice; the tweed modeling is great. It's a great value for the price, even if at the full price ($30 I think...). I'm a "supporter" of the Behringer clones, just because they're so damn accessible... sure they're not professional stuff, but I'm an occasional player that sometimes want a little distortion, so it's more than enough...

by the way, despite being plastic, looks solid to me. The footswitch is clearly the most breakable part, but since I'm not even leaving this on the floor it's not an issue for me... I'll certainly buy the EQ and the delay by the end of the year, since those are not very DIYables...

StephenGiles

Quote from: MartyMartAharon, that's good to know ... just ordered one along with a tremolo and

Marty, which shop are you using?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".