tl071 for Mongoose?

Started by Toney, August 30, 2005, 06:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Hi all,

I'm building the Roger Mayer Mongoose today and have decided to go with a tl070 or.....would do if I could get my hands on one . I can get a tl071 which I understand is internally compensated so I'll omit the relevent cap (btw pins 1& 8 on tl070).

Has anyone else tried this op amp in this circuit or had the chance to compare tl070/lm308/tl071?

Also, I noticed that MartyMart and Torchy specified a different resistor value from the 3904's collector to ground 47k vs 22k (shown as R5 on both layouts) . Guess I'll try both , but any ideas welcome.

Marty's layout is in the gallery.

Toney

ah...ah...ah...   chooo...... BUMP.

Anyone?

MartyMart

TL071 will work, minus the compensation cap, as you mentioned.
I didn't try one, but would  expect it to sound very similar !
I'm pretty sure that R5 should be 22k, it was corrected by the guy who
drew the schem, that's what I based the vero-version on.

Its quite a "full on" noise with "buckets" of sustain ... ENJOY !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Toney

jimbob

any layout for this? schematic?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Toney

jimbob

Looks like im going to have to buy some vero :) Am I the only one that hasnt went that direction yet?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"