Don't you hate it when...

Started by smccusker, August 31, 2005, 03:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smccusker

When you're sourcing components for a build, you accedently get the wrong value resistors (3omh9 instead of 3m9), so you go into town the next day with the express purpose of buying the correct type (and some stereo input jacks while you're at it), come home, continue building, and then realise you bought the wrong value capacitors as well  :x

so now i have to wait until tomorow to continue :(
Guitar -> Amp

aron

Connoisseur of Distortion

what's really bad is getting your stuff in order, only to realize that you have 6 inches of solder left  :x

Bernardduur

Ha, I live next door to the radioshack so I can get my "wrong" parts very easy.
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

JimRayden

Quote from: Connoisseur of Distortionwhat's really bad is getting your stuff in order, only to realize that you have 6 inches of solder left  :x

Amen, man.

----------
Jimbo

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Connoisseur of Distortionwhat's really bad is getting your stuff in order, only to realize that you have 6 inches of solder left  :x

yeah, using scavanged parts is bad enough, but trying to use 'found' solder blobs is pretty rough :oops:

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, it sucks. The store near me is in a city about 14 miles from my house and, when this happens, I need to wait until I have more things to do in that city. You won't travel 14 miles just to buy 5 or 10 resistors (the minimum pack that they sell here) :P.

petemoore

That's when I go hunting 'old board' caps. They don't seem to come in the really small values much like 47pf-470pf...
 Yupp I hate that enough to say 'screw it' I'm scavenging Noww...
 What I hate is when I'm doing a board for a couple hours, then can't find it for another hour :? , then find the darn thing snagged my shirtcuff, and took a ride to the seat cushion right behinnd my butt!!! :shock:
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Bill Bergman

Here's another pisser.....No matter how parts you've stocked up on there are always a few parts you don't have for a new project. So you scavenge thru a mountain of circuit boards with no avail.

Harry

Quoteyeah, using scavanged parts is bad enough, but trying to use 'found' solder blobs is pretty rough

Done that before, no fun.

smccusker

And when, after all the trouble you go to, it doesnt work.
Now i have to tear my hair out trying to find out why (although i suspect there is a short, or something stupid i've done in the offboard wiring)
Guitar -> Amp

Joe Hart

Keep an eye out on trash day. I have a big box of old radio and VCR boards (once you have pulled them out of the housing, they don't take up that much room), so when I need one resistor or cap of a certain value, I can usually find it lurking somewhere.
-Joe Hart

Paul Marossy

I hate it when I drive to the other side of town mainly to buy one specific part and realize when I get home that I didn't get it because I was getting a bunch of other things I might need!

Roberto

Quoteand then realise you bought the wrong value capacitors as well Mad

Don't worry and try the wrong capacitor  :D  .  It is said that the ProCo RAT was intended to be some kind  of filter but the designer placed a wrong resistor and he obtained that distorted sound (I think that I had read it in the Art Thompson book)
[