Technology of the Tube Screamer article question.

Started by skiraly017, August 31, 2005, 09:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

I've just finished reading R.G. Keen's TTS article. I was curious...the mods that Keen writes about, are they the primary tone affecting mods? Are there any other parts within the circuit that affect the overall tone? Thanks in advance.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

petemoore

BB, ZW, Tube Reamer to name a few... there's gotta be a veritable plethora of TS mod based CCt's and available scems for comparing.
 I think the circuit is covered completely, you could always read up on buffers, OA Gain stages, and anything like TC's described in the article, to get more viewpoints.
 Of course any of the caps can be messed with, the cap across the diodes is a good one to tweek, the diodes themselves, the Tone Controls R/C values, add more resistance in the signal path or...adjustable rolloff of more lows via cap/pot from SP to ground and turn the TC up...
 Try clicking on the stuff atop this post like AMZ etc, links...click around and find other stuff that can be related to TS.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.