Relay switching

Started by Nuts, August 14, 2009, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuts

Hello,
I want to build true bypass relay looper that i could turn on and off by another pedal that will connect to it.
I found DPDT 9v relays at small bear.
are there any available relay looper schematics?

I want to put pedals that I'm running thorugh the effect loop, on the top of my amp, next to the relay looper,
and place the pedal that will control the looper on the floor.
is it possible ?
Thanks ,
Nuts.

trixdropd

Quote from: Nuts on August 14, 2009, 03:27:24 PM
Hello,
I want to build true bypass relay looper that i could turn on and off by another pedal that will connect to it.
I found DPDT 9v relays at small bear.
are there any available relay looper schematics?

I want to put pedals that I'm running thorugh the effect loop, on the top of my amp, next to the relay looper,
and place the pedal that will control the looper on the floor.
is it possible ?
Thanks ,
Nuts.

here's some great info here:
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/rmtswtch/rmtsw.htm

Nuts

Nuts

Hey,
Can i use 9v relay insted of the 12v in this  
maybe by changing some parts values ?
I've alreay built it(with 9v relay), but the switch always stay in one posiotion.
The led turning on and off though

flo

Remove the relay from the circuit and test the relay with a 9V battery on its own.

Nuts

Quote from: flo on September 05, 2009, 07:16:42 AM
Remove the relay from the circuit and test the relay with a 9V battery on its own.
when i test the relay on its own with just a battery it works

R.G.

Quote from: Nuts on September 05, 2009, 06:56:00 AM
Can i use 9v relay insted of the 12v in this maybe by changing some parts values ?
I've alreay built it(with 9v relay), but the switch always stay in one posiotion.
You should be able to. Take a meter and measure the voltage across the relay coil when it should be on. I suspect that you're not turning the transistor on hard enough to put full voltage on the relay coil, maybe.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Nuts

Quote from: R.G. on September 05, 2009, 09:34:35 AM
Quote from: Nuts on September 05, 2009, 06:56:00 AM
Can i use 9v relay insted of the 12v in this maybe by changing some parts values ?
You should be able to. Take a meter and measure the voltage across the relay coil when it should be on. I suspect that you're not turning the transistor on hard enough to put full voltage on the relay coil, maybe.

its 9.3

Blue_Toad

What voltage are you using for on/-off?

Nuts

Ripthorn

Is it a latching relay?  Depending on the type of relay, if you are using a normal on/off stomp switch and it is a latching relay, you will get it staying in one position.  Also, is there a power polarity requirement for the relay?
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

Nuts

Quote from: Ripthorn on September 05, 2009, 10:20:11 AM
Is it a latching relay?  Depending on the type of relay, if you are using a normal on/off stomp switch and it is a latching relay, you will get it staying in one position.  Also, is there a power polarity requirement for the relay?
:-[ so thats the problem, yea it says latching...  :-[
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=809

That is the only 9v DPDT relay i found.

Does anyone know any online store that sells 9v DPDT that isn't Latching ?

Thank you for the help.

R.G.

There is a *latching* relay driver circuit at GEO, too.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

flo

Looks good.
But the latching relay is also fine to use.