Site selling cheap 3pdt's ??

Started by Toney, September 02, 2005, 07:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Recently someone posted an effects component site that was selling 3pdts for only $4. I thought I'd saved it but, no. Searched back but can't find the darn thing.

Anyone have that ?

KE4NYV

So far, Aron is the cheapest I can find in single or small quantities.
Jason
www.ke4nyv.com
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com
My Guitar Gear:
www.ke4nyv.com/guitar.htm

RobB

You may be referring to a thread over at Ampage.

Pablo

wui223

Pablo seems like u know the truth can u tell me as well ? Thanks

pi22seven

http://www.effectsconnection.com/index.php is the place.

I have no idea how good their stuff is.

You could go to http://www.diystompboxes.com/cart/ and know you're getting something you can depend on.

Toney

Thanks,

Effects connection....thats the one.

They certainly look the same as the regular ones.
Has anyone tried them?

aron

AFAIK their switches are not the same ones I sell. Every switch I sell has been tested. My switches are not the lowest priced but I think the price is reasonable. You can always find stuff lower priced if you search hard enough.

I say, support the guys that support this site.  :)

Dirk_Hendrik

Aron,
Without the intention of attacking you.
The difference between these guys (by far the cheapest I've seen so far) and yours is 2.25 dollars. This makes me wonder what:
a) is the testing you do?,
and b) most important, how much (as a percentage) of these switches do you reject since, I assume, the price of the good ones will have to cover for the rejected ones.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

wui223

Emmm what i think is sometimes the price is cheap, but the shipping may cost more. Not sure haven't email them for the shipping cost. I live in Asia

aron

Quotea) is the testing you do?,
and b) most important, how much (as a percentage) of these switches do you reject since, I assume, the price of the good ones will have to cover for the rejected ones.

Like I said, I go through and make sure each switch works before sending it out. This is exactly what you would think, with a meter and the switch.

First off, my switches are not the same switches as that guy sells.

As for the ones I sell, have there been bad ones, yes. That's why I test them. I believe that mechanical switches will always have the potential for problems either at the manufacturing end or at shipping.

I think it's easy to simply grab switches and throw them in an envelope. I could do it too but I don't. I could simply throw up a site and not have a forum either, but I choose not to do it.

I don't get compensated for any bad switches or lost packages. If a package is lost, I lose money. If a switch is bad, I lose money.

Heck I've been losing money on this hobby since day one

:D

There are many reasons why I price the parts the way I do.

There are many places on the internet that sell for much higher than I do and they don't test their switches either.

I think you might be surprised at how much packaging, shipping, lost goods, time and effort is required to sell things. The people that sell for more have figured it out and have protected themselves.

The correct way is to ship everything insured, NOT to ship to destinations that are not trackable and not insured and to cover your costs for damaged goods completely.

Aron