Anderton tube sound fuzz (thanks to ARON)

Started by Stevo, September 04, 2005, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I have built these before a long time ago but I found an old prototype one that really didnt quite work that well but really sounded good.. so I thought I would throw one together from the beginning with out the switch. Man I was amazed at the drive these things get I do remember they were cool but I like the amazing sustain..only thing is a lot of extra noise I guess that is because of the extreme drive ...I always get noise when sustain and drive are far over the top...I am going to put it in a pedal as I sold all of my others to friends and trades etc..... :lol: ...I cant see adding anymore stages to it....When you turn everything to half throttle it is still the same without the noise...I will have to revisit the Tube Sound Fuzz by Anderton ....A great pedal to build in a snap  :D  another thing to say is Aron is really cool to have this site as long as he has :shock:  I will always remember him as the one who always wanted to help others build boxes..so others have a great deal to deal with if they want to run with Aron.......THANKS.. :)
practice cause time does not stop...

aron

Thanks. The Hot Harmonics (Frank Clarke's pedal) is really great as well.

troubledtom

aron, is a web god. this is the only forum i'm a part of.
he walks it the way he talks it, lets not forget about peter as well.
not a mention ALL THE PEDALPELS THAT POST :!:
        peace,
            - Tom

Stevo

:(  Funny thing happened this morning ....as I said I was playing this at half throttle which is plenty... well now the 1 meg pot shunts the sound down over about half throttle.. didnt notice this last night? :shock: ..I am thinking to put a 500k in there cause that is where it shunts down the signal..tried three different IC's so it cant be that...You know I get plentyof sustain and drive around 500k volume topped out I guess this is Okay to do..I would like it to work like it should though maybe my IC's are extreme in the gain they are NTE 4049 had them for a couple of years..
practice cause time does not stop...

Steve C

Quote from: aronThanks. The Hot Harmonics (Frank Clarke's pedal) is really great as well.

Aron do you have a copy of this schematic?  The link under the schematics section is bad.