bypass the tapdancing

Started by stompy, September 05, 2005, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stompy

hey guys first time wrighter long time reader, i was wondering if anyone could give me a simple beginers wireing diagram of a millenium true bypass box, but with a twist i want it to switch the channels on my duel channel amp when the loop is engaged for eg: am a singer /guitarist and am trying to minimise my tapdancing routine and simply want to be abel have one effect on my clean channel and others on my dirty sound using one simple switch any help would be very much appreciated   :D
guitar who?

ninoman123

stompy

guitar who?

Dave G

I think he wants to build a box that switches between two effects loops, but also, he wants the box to not only switch loops but switch channels on the amp, too, at the same time. This, of course, is highly dependent on the type of amp being switched. I guess it could be easy or hard, depending on the amp, so I guess the next question becomes, what kind of amp is it?

stompy

the amp is a jcm2000 dsl just two channels clean ,n dirty and yes your wright but i was hope for just one loop and the actual bypass ,the loop on the pedal would have the effect for the clean channel running through it and the bypass would simply be the strait dirty channel , not to unlike a tonebone( loopbone )master loop pedal with its slingshot function but hopfully a tad more simple   .... cheers dave
guitar who?

aron

I guess it's possible IF the amp only needs a simple SPDT to switch channels.

So basically this:

http://geofex.com/FX_images/milltbbx.gif

with the last lug set for switching the amp.

stompy

yeh aron thats right i have already made this project basicly but i was just concered the change might damage my amp if not done correctly and wanted to maybe find the best method of going about this as im am very new at this game
guitar who?

DavidS

Well, it should work fine, but if you're worried, check out the existing footswitch with a multimeter to make sure that it's just the normal "short tip to sleeve" type. Or whatever. Also, good amp manuals have simple schematics for the footswitches.

stompy

cool thanks guys yall dat n shit ive done it and it works great simple but effective
guitar who?