Tremulus Lune confusion

Started by SonicVI, September 08, 2005, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

Ok, so there are two versions of the Tremulus Lune out there, the tonepad version and an updated commonsound version.   I'm building from the tonepad project. I want to do the symmetry pot mod but the instructions at commonsound are for the updated version in which it appears the speed pots are 10K and 100K rather than the older versions 1K and 10K.  So, the confusion is which value of pot should I use for the symmety pot, 500K as per the new version, or reduce it to 50K to make it ten times smaller like the older version. Or, are the pots only increased 10X only if the mod is done and not otherwise? And then, how do I wire it using the older board without pads for both speed pots?  There's only a diagram for the symmetry mod, not an updated schematic showing all the new values.  The schematics/diagrams can be found at tonepad.com and commonsound.com.    Any help/advice is appreciated. I would just ask commonsound, but I emailed them a few weeks ago with a different question and never received a respone.

thanks

SonicVI

Nevermind, I think I got it figured out, the 500K symmetry pot just replaces the switch in the ramp up mod (wired as a rheostat, right, panning between one diode and the other?), so it probably doesn't matter what the relationship between the symmetry and speed pots are.