Slow gear trannies

Started by jimbob, September 09, 2005, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Im thinking about building this thing but I dont have any of these. I have a lot of more common ones though. What are some others that can be used instead of these choices= BC546B, 2SK30A, BC549B? I see these are npn. Can a 2n5088/89, 2n3904, ect..work?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Mark F

The 2SK30A is a JFET. You can't sub any  BJT. As far as the other two, I haven't looked them up, but if they are NPN use RG's rule & try a 5088. Or you could look up their spec sheets and see if what you have is compatible.

jimbob

2SK30A is a JFET? maybe a j201? I understand that many Boss and Ibanez use these.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Zero the hero

Fets are very nasty... and usually you have to tweak some components values in order to make the circuit workl properly.

Click on the orange and look for the slow gear page, since I wrote a small section about trannies sub on this circuit.

jimbob

Very cool site Zero! Lots info about the Slow Gear! Looking forward to the build!

Thanks for the link

jimbob

I was reading and if Im right- Boss ised 2sk30A for their switching- is that right..If so I have an old boss pedal/board that no longer works..Maybe I should look over the board for that part. It was from a ds-2 turbo that died a long time ago.