The five "Name My Pedal" finalists!

Started by BMF Effects, September 18, 2005, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMF Effects

First off I want to say thanks to everyone that participated. There were some really great ideas. The following names have made it to the last round. Please vote for your favorite. The voting will be open until 9/25 and the winner will be announced then.

Mark Hammer
Hang Ten

waldo041
The Mert

tungngruv
Trem Daddy

nooneknows
Tremzilla

Dai H.
Trem Brûlé

robbiemcm

Trem Brûlé, absolutely no doubt about it. That name is incredible.

Bernardduur

To be quite honest, none of the above really "grips" my attention....
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Marcos - Munky

I vote for Mark's Hang Ten. But it will be easy if you create a pool to make the votes.

tungngruv

BMF Effects

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyI vote for Mark's Hang Ten. But it will be easy if you create a pool to make the votes.

...I didn't want to cause any problems on the new server by trying to create a polling thread. I also wanted to make sure I stuck to the time frame as I announced in my original post. On the 25th, I will read this enitre thread an tally the votes.

nelson

tremzilla

none of them are that great though.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

ryanscissorhands

I vote Trem Brule. It's memorable, but I would still know what hte pedal does without having to use it.

Seljer

tungngruv

Quotenone of them are that great though
QuoteTo be quite honest, none of the above really "grips" my attention....
Gotta love these posts!!! :lol:

Dave_B

Trem Brûlé sticks in my head, but I'm biased by my wife's addiction to the Food Network.  
Hang Ten definately puts a sound in my head, if that counts for anything.  I don't do well with most of the Electro Harmonix names for that reason.
Help build our Wiki!

formerMember1

without a doubt HANG TEN!!

Mark Hammer (it's hammer time) :wink:

ezanker

Incubus

With "Hang Ten", if you ever make different versions of the same pedal, you could call them "Hang Five", "Hang Fifteen", etc.

With "Trem Brule", if you ever expand and make other different pedals, you could stick to food type names which somehow tell you what the pedal actually is, as opposed to the Danelectro names like "Pastrami" and "ChilliDog" which tell you nothing.

For me, I like "Trem Brule". It's clever and amusing. Not that the others aren't, but I just like it a little better.

Hal

hang trem...

thatd be funny
I like trem brule, though.

Mihkel

toneman

Hey, if it's a "Trem"  O low

Shouldn't it  B   "Hang Trem"??

Ten what???
What's *ten* mean??
fingers?
toes?
mojo?

surf's out dude!
hang out

stayvibrating_good
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

DavidS

Trem Brûlé

I mean, they cook it with a blowtorch! How cool is that?

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

muchavo