Some kind of replay box thing?

Started by Seljer, September 18, 2005, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seljer

I remember seeing it on some video of an interview with Joe Satriani.

He has got a little box thing in his studio, with which he can play back a recorded guitar track (or anything else) from his computer then run the output from the box back into a different amp or through effects and such and rerecord it
So you can mess around with stuff while you're recording something without having to rerecord the track everything every time.

Anyone have and idea how you could make something like this?

niftydog

no idea what he uses, but seems to me that something like an Akai headrush or Boss Loop Station would allow you to do a similar thing, although, perhaps not with long loops like those that would be possible using a computer.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Might just be an interface with the sound card. In fact, it might BE the soundcard, I have a box on the desk here (an old Maxi Studio ISIS) that connects the analog signals wiht the computer & links with midi). Clunky, but better sig/noise than most standard internal soundcards. 8 lines in, 4 out plus 2 SPDIF. No knobs.

vortex

I think you are talking about a "Reamp". I would like to know what's in one of those as well.
If I had to guess, I would say it is a device that converts line level signals to a signal and impedance that is guitar amp friendly, probably via a transformer or two. Just guessing though...

Khas Evets

I've been trying to figure this out as well. It would be great for comparing different pedal mods using the same guitar lick. I think Tone Frenzy did something like this for their pedal comparisons.

vseriesamps

I have a homemade one here that a friend built it works great.

Let me see if I can get a little schem or something from it.

The "real" Reamp supposedly sounds extra great bc they use custom Jensen xfmers, but whatever . . . this one sounds great.

-
k
uh oh

Khas Evets

If you go to www.pat2pdf.org and lookup patant # 06005950, you'll see the Reamp schematic.

I'd still like to see vseriesamps schem.