Sparkleboost parts and mods -Europe

Started by tomlau, September 20, 2005, 04:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomlau

I decided that my next project will be the sparkleboost.
However, after looking round my usual favourites I can't seem to find a supplier of the NTE458 FET. I was wondering if any of the Europeans here (I'm in Ireland) would know where I can order one online.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone know any good tone mods for this booster? I know there is a deluxe version but just seems to add jacks and switches. I mentioned before I'd like to make the pedal a high impedence boost but I'd like to hear about any other mods people suggest.

damn... i knew this hobbie would be addictive

Dragonfly

Quote from: tomlau on September 20, 2005, 04:26:19 PM
I decided that my next project will be the sparkleboost.
However, after looking round my usual favourites I can't seem to find a supplier of the NTE458 FET. I was wondering if any of the Europeans here (I'm in Ireland) would know where I can order one online.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone know any good tone mods for this booster? I know there is a deluxe version but just seems to add jacks and switches. I mentioned before I'd like to make the pedal a high impedence boost but I'd like to hear about any other mods people suggest.

damn... i knew this hobbie would be addictive

you can build the Sparkle Boost with a J201...it'll still sound great :)

as far as mods, i haven't heard about any...the circuit sounds great and does what it was designed to do, so i guess most people are building it "stock"...

have fun....and if you come up with any mods, let us know !

andy

stumper1

I just finished a SparkleBoost with a J201.  Sounds GREAT!!!

Thanks Dragonfly!! ;)
DericĀ®

col

You can get J201s from wah-wah mods in the UK, I can't remember the web address but a google search will show it. They are also available from rhselectronics.co.uk who I think do 2N5457, 2N5458 and 2N5459 which all work in this but do sound different. rapidelectronics.co.uk also do someof them but I can't remember which. I got some fets from oldradioparts.co.uk which also worked but I can't remeber the part number.
Col

col

Thats the one thanks. This months guitar magazine has an article on impoving cry baby wahs and has a bit on using one of his replacement boards.
Col