Is there a common reason...??

Started by Mike Nichting, September 06, 2003, 09:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

I am building 3 different pedals at the same time, well not exactly at the same time, but a little here and there one after the other.
I am having problems with one of them.
I get a bypassed signal but no effect. Is there a common reason that this happens??  I am not in the frame of mind to continue to take my meter to it anymore and I have had this problem before but it was a defect in the schematic. I know this schematic works because I've built it before.

Any help for a tired almost cross eyed solder soldier??

thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Paul Marossy

When that happens to me, it's usually a problem with the power supply or I wired something wrong, accidently ommited something, or made a wrong connection somewhere.

aron

Yep, power - like forgetting to ground an op amp (my favorite) or bad solder joint at a coupling capacitor.

etc... etc...

Jered

I would also add, build one effect at a time so you don't make the same mistake on the others you are building.  Jered

Mike Nichting

yeah, it would be best if I could just work on one at a time wouldn't it :-)

I will check the power and all~!!
Thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

petemoore

I've gone through debugging processes with projects before that were completely unnecessary> the problems were directly related to NOT labeling the input and output jacks [dohh] might seems silly, but 'ya' gotta check the 'small' stuff too sometimes.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.