Boss PH3 schematic

Started by StephenGiles, September 24, 2005, 03:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

I guess we won't be modding that one, will we?  ;)

StephenGiles

No but I expect Mike to have a working board by Sunday lunchtime!!
Of course if anyone wants the PCB............................................
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

bioroids

Eramos tan pobres!

puretube

TheBigMan

Well, that's the AW-3 pretty much traced as well then.  ;)

LP Hovercraft

:o ??? Looks like we are going to have to post instructions to newbies on how to operate a chipshooter.   I really like mine on the 4 and 10 stage settings.  It's too bad that the up and down settings don't incorporate a Shepard's tone type of interval like the Buchla one does(for $1000's more).   The PH-3 is a really versatile device.  It's not perfect, but it's a nice reliable gadget.  What if that DSP chip came with DIP sized legs so one could socket it?   :)

StephenGiles

Quote from: TheBigMan on September 24, 2005, 07:17:56 PM

So The AW3 is on the same lines is it? I was going to acquire the service notes from Roland, but if it's DSP I'd rather spend the money on sweets!
Stephen

TheBigMan

Quote from: StephenGiles on September 25, 2005, 06:59:36 AM
Quote from: TheBigMan on September 24, 2005, 07:17:56 PM

So The AW3 is on the same lines is it? I was going to acquire the service notes from Roland, but if it's DSP I'd rather spend the money on sweets!
Stephen

I haven't opened one up to check, but apparently the analog section is exactly the same with a different DSP chip thrown in.  This may well be the case for more of the current Boss effects.  :)