how many here have built ,own, or played a commonsound fx

Started by troubledtom, September 06, 2003, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keninverse

has anybody purchased any of dan greens bare boards?  I was just wondering if they're home etched or if they're pro made...

troubledtom

the boards are pro , i had them made in australia w/ mike's help. so far dann has bought them from me.
            peace,
               - tom

dougharrison

Five trems, two Atoners.  (Incredible effect.)

Two stock Phaseurs, one heavily modded with low-voltage Tremulus LFO, symmetry pot, aux LFO for speed up (includes LED brightness pot for "Top Speed"), and a couple of extra switches.  I play it all the time; I love it.

One Noise Swash.  Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I built it right.

And one Triwave, with rise/fall speed mod on one channel and mods on the pitch generators for extra-extra low pitch, and an LFO on each pitch pot to turn it up and down automatically.  (Includes LED brightness pot for "top pitch" control.)

I etched my own boards for all those using pre-sensitized photopositive boards.  

I've had lots of fun with these pedals, and they all sound even better together.  For instance, a Triwave into a Phaseur, or a Triwave into a Swash then a Phaseur.

Mine look pretty plain, though,  compared to the masterpieces that I've seen on the 4ms website lately.

Quote from: dougharrisonFive trems, two Atoners.  (Incredible effect.)

Two stock Phaseurs, one heavily modded with low-voltage Tremulus LFO, symmetry pot, aux LFO for speed up (includes LED brightness pot for "Top Speed"), and a couple of extra switches.  I play it all the time; I love it.

One Noise Swash.  Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I built it right.

And one Triwave, with rise/fall speed mod on one channel and mods on the pitch generators for extra-extra low pitch, and an LFO on each pitch pot to turn it up and down automatically.  (Includes LED brightness pot for "top pitch" control.)

I etched my own boards for all those using pre-sensitized photopositive boards.  

I've had lots of fun with these pedals, and they all sound even better together.  For instance, a Triwave into a Phaseur, or a Triwave into a Swash then a Phaseur.

Mine look pretty plain, though,  compared to the masterpieces that I've seen on the 4ms website lately.

awesome... i have used the rise/fall and symmetry mods on my phaseur and triwave.  really cool.  the LFO on the pitch pot sounds like it would be real cool!  it already has LFO's that sweep the pitch away from the base pitch according to the depths.  To have another LFO sweeping the base pitch (from where the other LFO's use as a reference) should do amazing stuff!  am i understanding the mod correctly?

Phaseur Fleur turned out to be the hardest to tweak.  i had it working right away but it took me a day before i got everything tweaked so that everything sounded right to me.

the Noise Swash was a fun one to build and i compared it to an official 3ms Noise Swash, and it sounded the same.  If i didn't get to compare, i probably might have thought mine was acting kinda funky!  If yours sounds good and all the knobs do smething, it's probably working right! :)

oh yea, i wanted to do the Atoner.  was that a difficult build?  compared to the triwave and phaseur?

is it a very usable effect?

dougharrison

The LFO's on the pitch pots simulate your hand turning the pitch up and down.

The Atoners weren't too difficult to build.  The Triwave took some time, but no major roadblocks.  I put it in a 4 1/16" Raco box.  The next one I build will probably be housed in a large Hammond aluminum enclosure.  Room for mods.