4007 what to build

Started by Stevo, September 25, 2005, 11:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I have a couple of these anybody have a good scheme of an easy type pedal to use them in..I know RG has the octave but I could never figure it out....
practice cause time does not stop...

gez

From Marcos' site, by yours truly...

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Stevo

This is confusing not all the pinouts are marked like after the first couple I think betweeen 8 and 13 what connections are those? Help!!! Looks cool if it were looking like an IC it would be easier what are those connections not marked and why is 14 over by itself Thanks for the info     Why is 12 hanging there in the middle

nelson

look at the datasheet for the 4007, it will show you the pinout, How the fets are orientated within the DIP case. When perfing it you dont have to conform to the pinout in the schem above.

Think of it as a bunch of fets......
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Stevo

I looked at the pinout on Mouser...I guess it is easy for you but I am still lost. ??? I kind of need a paint by pictures until I know the circuit sorry....Needs to look like an IC for me to place it on a board and wire it up Thanks for the help

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

gez

Quote from: Stevo on September 25, 2005, 01:10:43 PM
This is confusing not all the pinouts are marked like after the first couple I think betweeen 8 and 13 what connections are those? Help!!!

10k resistor between pins 5&1
10k resistor between pins 8&13

Compare everything with the data sheet diagram and hopefully the penny should drop.

gez

From the archives, courtesy of Michael Allen:

http://www.freewebs.com/loudnoise/Nutcruncher.pdf

The circuit could do with a tone stack, but sounds good as is…

soggybag

What does the Nut Cruncher sound like? Does the 4007 come in buffered and un-buffered, which did you use?

gez

Quote from: soggybag on September 25, 2005, 03:34:58 PM
What does the Nut Cruncher sound like? Does the 4007 come in buffered and un-buffered, which did you use?

Any 4007 should work fine.

It's a CMOS inverter circuit (don't let the schematic fool you) but with a twist. The 10k resistors wired in there create an asymmetric transfer function and bias the outputs off-centre for asymmetric clipping.

Similar to other CMOS circuits in sound, but more crunch (a product of the chip it seems).

Stevo

Thanks Gez I can see it now will take some time I will post when I am finished if someone else doesnt before me...I will have to do some late tonight and next week but Thanks again ;D

Radical CJ

Quote from: Stevo on September 25, 2005, 11:23:23 AM
I have a couple of these anybody have a good scheme of an easy type pedal to use them in..I know RG has the octave but I could never figure it out....

Anyone have a working link to a schematic for RG's MOS Doubler? The link on Geofex is busted.

I have a few 4007's, and have found schematics or strip-board layouts for a few a few designs: the Nut Cruncher, the Catalinbread hyper pak, and the Thundering Mantis (from Parasit Studio). Anything else popped up since 2005?

CJ

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Radical CJ on September 13, 2020, 10:06:44 PM
Anyone have a working link to a schematic for RG's MOS Doubler? The link on Geofex is busted.
http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/md.gif

Radical CJ

Many thanks! The busted link I was in what must be an old navigation menu, your one works.

amptramp

If you have a 4007, you have an ideal bypass switch:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=122375.msg1153894#msg1153894

and

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=120006.msg1122277#msg1122277

A lot of people on this board complain about switch pop noise and the 4007 is one simple solution.  Now that you have the bypass switching sorted out, you can build anything around it.