tremulus lune tonepad question

Started by shoegazed, September 28, 2005, 09:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoegazed

i'm a little confused with where the led goes on the tonepad tremulus lune board. i used the off board wiring diagram (number 5), and the pedal is not working right now. the led is blinking, but no sound.

any help is appreciated,

thanks andy

milkwasabadchoice

Could you post a like of what exactally you are looking at for you offboard wiring? I see the TP layout has two pads for the led to connect to. I am kinda confused myself. The parts for the pedal are in the mail for me, so I to need to know the answer. I am also using the TP layout. How exactally are you wiring it?

shoegazed

here is the offboard wiring diagram from tonepad

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

originally i used diagram 5 but recently changed it to diagram 2, and now the pedal is slightly working.

the tremelo sound is happening, but the guitar sound is very weak, and puny. i've adjusted the trim pot all the way...

do i need to use a larger value trimpot?

Coriolis

Shoegazed, it sounds to me like you haven't got the board in an enclosure, and your LDR is out in the open, yes?
If so, the LDR can't tell the difference between the light from the LED and all the other light in the room, so it doesn't change resistance
very much, and you only get a very weak tremolo. Try turning the lights off in your room (at night) during testing. It.s an easy way to tell if you're on to something. For a more permanent solution, most people like to put heatshrink tube around the LED/LDR combo to keep them together, and keep the light out that isn't from the LED. It also helps when you put it in a nice, dark enclosure.  :)

Eh, of course you may have done all of this, and I'm barking up the wrong...something :icon_wink:

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

shoegazed

hey, thanks for the reply.

i do have it in an enclosure, and the ldr is the vtl5c2.

and the tremelo is working, but the guitar sound is quite wispy or waspy. not close at all to the bypassed tone...

andy