Source for Carbon Composition resistors?

Started by brad, September 29, 2005, 06:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

I've really wanted to try carbon comp resistors (I don't really care about noise), but have never been able to find any quick and easy online sources.  There are these great value kits of NOS carbon comps on ebay for $7, but the values are pretty wacky compared to modern ones (i.e. 1M3 instead of 1M):

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Range-Carbon-Composition-Resistor-Kit_W0QQitemZ7549897403QQcategoryZ73148QQcmdZViewItem

Mouser seems to have new carbon comps in all the normal values, but I live in Australia, and I'm not sure how the shipping will pan out.  Does anyone know of any other sources for carbon comps, or have bought small orders off mouser internationally?

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Close to home, you could try St. Lucia Electronics, they might have old stock.

Otherwise, I have had no problems buying from SmallBear, Mouser etc in the USA. If you can get a reasonable size order together, then the postage is much less significant. Make sure it is sent US POST, ***NOT USP or FEDEX***!!!!!!!

brad

Thanks for the replies, guys!  Ampwares looks like the ticket...they do regular airmail compared to Mouser's extremely fast/extremely slow options.

The Tone God

I thought I read somewhere that Ampwares has "issues" with orders.

Do a quick search about for their service.

Andrew

tungngruv

I've bought 3 orders from Mark at ampwares in the last 4 weeks. You have to call him between 12:00 and 5:00pm. If he doesn't answer, he calls you right back even if you don't leave a message. My orders are deliverd in 3 days. No problems whatsoever plus he's a good alternate for something smallbear doesn't stock.