"WOW" Hot Harmonics 4049 based.

Started by Stevo, October 01, 2005, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

http://www.freewebs.com/martyb/hotharmonics.htm

Here is the scheme always wanted to try this.. I was going to do a 4007 based scheme this weekend but decided on this...MAN it is totally different than a RED Llama.. This thing sings I cant tell you what a real cool harmonics sounding sustain and gain.. I am putting it in a box this weekend and will have a lot of time on this..It is nip and tuck kind of setup to get it all hooked up right from scratch..Did a few different things built it on the right side of the chip only, used a 1k to the power, and also a 100uf cap for the ground, and a J201 for the fet!!...I have been really lately liking the 4049 chip and this Hot Harmonics is the ONE for me now...WOW really worth the trouble just sings into harmony as it sustains!!
practice cause time does not stop...

nelson

I have a batch of cd4049's coming from SB, will be experimenting on breadboard with them.....I am thinking NPN orange treb and bass booster as the first gain stage....:).....or any germ booster...
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

puretube

petemoore

Â I tried a Ge Rmaster, but preferred the LPB, now I have a Stratoblaster jfet driving the TSF [TSF with a few cap changes], these two flavors taste great together...
 I built the TSF [#2] type thing on a board with cap sockets, leaving enough room for a booster on the perf, then tried LPB, Rangemaster, Microamp, FF etc. all good !!!
 The TSF works very well, and promotes working well when in an environment that facilitates working with others, [sounds good in many/most of the chains I've hooked it up in.
 Does wonders for my EZ Vibe/clean chording.
 FF Loves the TSF to drive it.
 I put a BP switch for each...the SBlaster and TSF, on the 3 knob box...excellent box.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ed G.

I've never seen any variations of this circuit with any tone controls. Is it dark sounding?

Doug_H

Stevo

I wouldnt say that "this" scheme is dark sounding.. I would say it is pick sensitive as other 4049 though. It is thick sounding with a slight overtone of harmonics to it..It willl give a sense of fuzzyness sometimes if picked to softly!! I guess the caps are good as followed in the scheme. It has a very tubey feel to it!! I like to use an EQ in the pedal board so a tone control to me is not needed.This is a really nice sound to say again!!!

Stevo

;D 
Got it all in the box little oscillation at full throttle but you dont really want to go there anyway half is really good!!   Been playing this all weekend and really like the harmony sustain compared to the Red Llama, yet that is good too. :o.....i have 7 of these chips left to toy with so I will be trying some home made gain inputs into a Llama maybe lower feedback resistors as they are plenty at half and the picking is not all that great turned way up...Or maybe something like a TSF I am really liking these chios again they are very colorful to play and with caps in the feedback loops you can smooth operate it....

Mark Hammer

David

Quote from: Mark Hammer on October 03, 2005, 09:54:07 AM
Quote from: Doug_H on October 01, 2005, 02:46:37 PM
I miss Frank Clarke... :(

Doug

Where IS Frank these days?

Yeah, and what about John Hollis?  For that matter, whatever happened to Howie?

aron

I don't know what happened to those cool guys. The Hot Harmonics is a great pedal. I could not improve on the sound.

A.S.P.

I`m sure having seen John Hollis popping up here (OnTopic),
or in a similar forum within the last 3 or 4 weeks,
explaining s.th., and  claiming that he doesn`t have much time, lately,
for forum-dwelling...
Analogue Signal Processing