This makes my life easier!

Started by skiraly017, October 01, 2005, 03:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Thought I'd share -

Graphical Resistance Calculator
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

pi22seven

I use that thing every time I do a project. If I ever really start DIYing for real I'm gonna have to learn the code.

JimRayden

I used to use that in the very beginning. Now I read resistors like English. :P

------------
Jimbo

MartyMart

http://samengstrom.com/elec/resistor/6band.html

Here's the four/five and six band version, which I use all the time !!
( just for safety of course  :icon_wink:)

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

TryingToDo613

Go to radio shack and buy a 99cent pack of resistors. it has a nice little card that you can quickly look up anything. I use it all the time, and you don't have to be online or at a computer. -ph

phaeton

Hey, that's handy!

Many many years ago i used to actually be able to read the bands and stuff, just like all the pros.  Except these days I can't distinguish certain colors anymore :(  I confuse black and violet, and red, orange and brown all look the same unless they're right next to one another.  I don't even see the yellow, and the white bands are very faint.  I don't know if you can develop color-blindness later in life or if it's a lighting thing, or what.

I just measure them now. :-[
Stark Raving Mad Scientist

gaussmarkov

joe davisson has one that works in reverse:  give the value and it gives you the bands.  see his EMH.