Stupidly wonderful Llama with selectable input gain stages. Layout.

Started by nelson, October 02, 2005, 10:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson

Here is a few layouts I have drawn. One for the Llama, and 3 booster PCB's. Make them switchable with Toggle or rotary switches should make for an interesting distortion. Open to other suggestions for input gain stage too.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.nelson666/SWLinput.pdf

A few jumpers and you could leave out the tone control.

I did this because of the interest in 4049 based experimentation recently.

Also because not all of us perf.  :icon_wink:

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Mark Hammer

And does the tone control add something useful, or do you need something different?

And thanks for the layout, etc.  Appreciated.

nelson

I have actually still to build it. I etched a board that had a mistake in it. Corrected the layout and havent built the corrected version yet.

I am going to socket the tone cap and resistor and play with it. 

Your Welcome.

Check out my new clone theory layout. I am particularly proud of it. Practice indeed pays off.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

RickL

Why am I digging this post up? Well, it was a dark and rainy day today in Victoria and I was looking for an easy little two hour project. This was the first simple one I grabbed out of my pile of to-be-built projects.

There's an error on the layout. Pin 8 should be attached to ground not pin 16.With that correction the layout works fine.

I got some oscillation with the Fuzz control all the way up, but that's okay, just don't turn it up that high. Those who like tone controls that don't go to extremes will like this one. It works but you won't get ice-pick highs or muddy lows.  Lots of volume on tap too.

nelson

You just love correcting my layouts dont you.  :icon_lol:

I do have an updated version of this one with pin 8 going to ground.

Thanks for building my projects.  :icon_biggrin:

I am currently working on a stereo mod for the Clone Theory you will be interested in.

There is one you havent built yet, the OS+++  :icon_cool:

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X