Update to the "Myclone" thing

Started by Speeddemon, October 04, 2005, 06:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speeddemon

Well guys, it's been a while, but I must say I didn't expect such hard words when posting the 1st thread.

Anyway, me and Mrs. Dunlop-Powell worked things out like adults, we had extensive e-mail contact and I did a complete redesign of the pedal. Only things similar now are the color (mine is creamier than the Micro Amp, FYI) and the red LED. Well, if people are getting sued for putting red LEDs on their pedals.... OOOOH Boy! Ka-CHING!  :icon_biggrin:

So, without further ado I present to you:

The Clean Sanchez.

And I'd appreciate it if there would be no more nasty/aggressive/insulting comments about how I "ripped off" MXR.
I made 4 @#$%in' pedals with that look, at first not even to sell them, just for me, but people wanted them.
if you wanna point fingers, do it at that Brazilian guy, that copies like 20 sorts of pedals, from MXR to Mutron.  :icon_rolleyes:

Oh, and this post isn't ment as advertisement either, just a heads up. (gotta love the mob mentality for seeing things differently, eh? )
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: Speeddemon on October 04, 2005, 06:12:47 AM
Well guys, it's been a while, but I must say I didn't expect such hard words when posting the 1st thread.

Anyway, me and Mrs. Dunlop-Powell worked things out like adults, we had extensive e-mail contact and I did a complete redesign of the pedal. Only things similar now are the color (mine is creamier than the Micro Amp, FYI) and the red LED. Well, if people are getting sued for putting red LEDs on their pedals.... OOOOH Boy! Ka-CHING!  :icon_biggrin:

So, without further ado I present to you:

The Clean Sanchez.

...we need to box one up with my "Dirty Sanchez" in the same box !  (argghh...that sounded wrong, didnt it...? :) )  you can find the Dirty Sanchez schemo in my layouts folder. (its a NASTY, spitty fuzz/octave/ring mod/puke box type of thing :) , due to intentional mis-biasing...changing the voltage resistors (10k) to 100k trimmers would add a bit mre variety, but take away some of the ugliness.)

looks great. glad it worked out for ya !

Speeddemon

Hmm, a dirty fuzz with a possible boost behind it...

cool idea!

Do you got any pics of how your normal Dirty Sanchez looks like?
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

Dragonfly

Quote from: Speeddemon on October 09, 2005, 11:23:55 PM
Hmm, a dirty fuzz with a possible boost behind it...

cool idea!

Do you got any pics of how your normal Dirty Sanchez looks like?

heres a link for the schemo ...

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/Dragonfly-FX-Schematics-%21/DIRTY_SANCHEZ_SCHEMATIC?full=1

i would suggest adding a resistor (about 10k) to ground below R2 ....also, you might want to use 100k trimmers for R4 and R5, so you can dial things in a bit more....its a wicked, nasty fuzz    :icon_twisted: