Troubledtom's OMEGA WAVE pix!!!!!

Started by bluesdevil, October 09, 2005, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesdevil

Tell us what this monster does, Tom!!!

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

troubledtom

the tabletop artist ,floor versit's a true stereo , true bypass ALPHAWAVE forion coming soon. it has 4 hoove controls
2 for vco pitches and 2 for lfo speeds. the switches will be stomps for the floor unit. the enclosure is 20 in's by 5 in's.
it's a dream or nightmare come true.
      you can do the most crazy ass shit w/ this device. oct up / down , ramping distortion %^&*ed wha sound , some ring mod type sounds, tremelo[ stereo ]and more!!! all working w/ or against the other/ poly rythems{ sp? ]
    all in real time true stereo!
                 peace,
                   - tom
           ask more if you wish............

soggybag

My god you are insane! Of course I do mean this in the best of ways. What kinda box is that? Does Hammond sell a 20" long box?

troubledtom

Quote from: soggybag on October 09, 2005, 06:29:58 PM
My god you are insane! Of course I do mean this in the best of ways. What kinda box is that? Does Hammond sell a 20" long box?

i design them and have them made. it's a lot more $$ to do it  that way ................ but it's me and my  clients that have fun w/ it.
      in 20 yr's you'll still have a great device.
           i do not have most of the things i sell on my site, i'm too busy to stay up w/ it .. but soon that will change/..

(doug harrison)

I like the different style knobs across the top. There's kind of an art to doing that well, I think.

troubledtom

Quote from: (doug harrison) on October 09, 2005, 08:14:25 PM

I like the different style knobs across the top. There's kind of an art to doing that well, I think.

thank you , feel the same way !
                          -tom

soggybag

Yeah, I have to like the knobs. I can't bring myself to put ugly knobs on a box.

(doug harrison)

That's a cool paint job, too. It looks like you just layered up the paint, then dripped acetone all over it. Then dripped on a few more drops of white for that extra special something.

So when you're building something that complex... how do you know when it's finished?!! (In other words, how many more mods can you think of doing to it? When do the ideas just stop?)

But it's a whole lot easier to be inspired than to actually *work* on what you're inspired to do, even if your inspiration is strong.

Sometimes it's easier to cater to somebody's else's inspiration than to your own. That way the demands limits are more clear and manageable, and you aren't just off on your own endless trip.

Marcos - Munky

Hey Tom, what about a picture of inside this monster?

moosapotamus

OMFG!!! That is awesome! :icon_eek: :icon_cool:

Troubledtom is the bomb! :icon_twisted:

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

D Wagner

troubledtom

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on October 10, 2005, 10:45:36 AM
Hey Tom, what about a picture of inside this monster?

not yet my friends. my wifes uncle took the pix. and i'm gonna have do a bunch more in a month or 2. he's a pro and i want a bunch of new pix for my new site. i'll have him do one for you guys :icon_twisted:
    that unit is a tabletop device. after i get get ceught up , i'll do the stomp version for the floor with pix.
                 peace,
                      - tom

troubledtom

Quote from: (doug harrison) on October 09, 2005, 08:52:15 PM
That's a cool paint job, too. It looks like you just layered up the paint, then dripped acetone all over it. Then dripped on a few more drops of white for that extra special something.

close but no.

So when you're building something that complex... how do you know when it's finished?!! (In other words, how many more mods can you think of doing to it? When do the ideas just stop?)

you are smart. what a great question.......... i've tried so many mods and if they don't ad something stroung to the device......i wont do it. the only mod that i will ad in the future is a clean blend and i digital pot, that i can't talk about at this time.

But it's a whole lot easier to be inspired than to actually *work* on what you're inspired to do, even if your inspiration is strong.

Sometimes it's easier to cater to somebody's else's inspiration than to your own. That way the demands limits are more clear and manageable, and you aren't just off on your own endless trip.

all so true!

(doug harrison)

I listened to the sample of the Alhpawave a while back. It reminded me of an Atoner. You must have used some 4151s in this design.

troubledtom

Quote from: (doug harrison) on October 10, 2005, 04:48:43 PM
I listened to the sample of the Alhpawave a while back. It reminded me of an Atoner. You must have used some 4151s in this design.

NO, 4558 , 555, and 3 gain stages. i do love the 4151 though.i like the atoner but this is more %#*%#*%^#*%#*($#(
    once more , great post
          peace to you ,
                - tom

(doug harrison)

Tom,

You must be using the 4558s for gain, envelope, and LFO, then feeding those envelope/LFO voltages into the 555. (Possibly using that for waveform/pitch generation?) 

You've probably tried the mod of wrapping a photocell around a speed pot. Ever thought of it on this? Electronic Goldmine has photocells with lenses, mounted in metallic cases. (I just ordered some; haven't arrived yet.) It's a simple mod, but very effective and fun to play with. (I did one on a Triwave, with the photocell in a gutted penlight.)

Hey, did you ever give any of your pedals to Skinnard? Just trying to imagine "That Smell" or "Saturday Night Special" with some crazy guitar solos.

Doug

NightChild

;D :o :icon_twisted:

Holy cow Tom.
Great work. It exceeded anything that I've ever imagined. I cannot wait to get it here and give it a run.
I must say that working with you on this (and the Noise Swash) has been a fantastic experience. The dedication and love is there.
It totally feels like I actually know you as a person too. 90% of our conversation over the last 2 years have had nothing to do with effects. You are @#$%in' great Tom!!!

Good luck and peace to you. We'll talk soon my man.
thanks so much. I think you know it is going to a good home with good company.
John

troubledtom

you are all to welcome john :icon_twisted:
          peace brother,
                - tom