Joe Gagan SkyRipper mp3's posted (Updated)

Started by tungngruv, October 10, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

I had a few minutes extra today so I made a few SkyRipper clips. I just made one for basic fuzz only, then range only and then fuzz and range together. I'll post a few more clips later this week of the wild stuff (gating, gulping and modulation stuff). I'm playing an Ibanez 7 string through a Marshall Mk 2 on the low input channel (clean). All the gain is coming from the pedal only. First is the clean tone, then you'll hear the switched effect come in. Notice how well the fuzz cleans up. When the fuzz and range are on together, I think it sounds pretty darn "brown". Don't expect great playing though, I just threw them together and double tracked them to make them fun. 1 Shure 58 mic'ed up close into an old Tascam 424.

http://home.grics.net/tungngruv/content/sounds.html

petemoore

Super Killer  :icon_evil:
  "Range" is ? RM ???
  Skyripper is a bad Mo Fo, U Know I love that Grind.
  What's the guitar and amp?, it sounds as though the the beginnings are just that.
  Great Clips, the Freeper...great wah...
  Nice Clips, Thanks Tungngruv !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

tungngruv

Thanks Pete!! Yes, the "range" on the soundclip is just the rangemaster part of the SkyRipper all by itself. And all the grind/gain is the pedal. I'm playing it through a clean Marshall on the low input side (look on my site, you'll see the amp). I was suprised how it nailed that AC/DC tone. Also, Joe really hit on a simple good fuzz. It's the best sounding fuzz I've ever played or made. Wait till next weekend. My goal is to have at least 3-4 more SkyRipper clips doing the wacky stuff.

Eric H

Great clips.
Nice to hear someone who can hold tempo with themselves.

-Eric

Quote from: tungngruv on October 11, 2005, 12:03:39 AM
Thanks Pete!! Yes, the "range" on the soundclip is just the rangemaster part of the SkyRipper all by itself. And all the grind/gain is the pedal. I'm playing it through a clean Marshall on the low input side (look on my site, you'll see the amp). I was suprised how it nailed that AC/DC tone. Also, Joe really hit on a simple good fuzz. It's the best sounding fuzz I've ever played or made. Wait till next weekend. My goal is to have at least 3-4 more SkyRipper clips doing the wacky stuff.
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

RDV

Your playing is a bit like mine except with the addition of talent!

I really like the Range stuff. It rocks but then I'm a sucker for a properly played AC/DC riff.

RDV

formerMember1

that is what i call heavey metal!!   :icon_evil:

With all these heavy metal bands out there i am surprised no one calls their band MERCURY
considering that mercury is the heaviest metal. <<<pun intended  ;)

great playing by the way, and nice pedals

tungngruv

QuoteYour playing is a bit like mine except with the addition of talent!

Can't fool me RDV, I've heard your clips!!!!!!!!!!

Eric H

Quote from: tungngruv on October 11, 2005, 10:43:06 PM
QuoteYour playing is a bit like mine except with the addition of talent!

Can't fool me RDV, I've heard your clips!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, what a crock.

There's a lot of talent here.

-Eric
--DougH

Connoisseur of Distortion

who was it who made the "Talent Boost?"  :D

all WE need is an ethernet connection so we can download a little help from the forum...

markr04

Your playing, tung... color me very impressed.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

tungngruv

QuoteYour playing, tung... color me very impressed.

thanks!! I'm just now starting to use my soldering iron a little less and pick up my guitar a lot more!!!! This pedal building stuff.......... what have I got myself into :icon_lol:

NoFi

Very nice ! I can't wait to hear the crazy stuff !  :icon_twisted:

tungngruv

I had a little extra more time this week than I thought and recorded 3 more Skyripper samples. All are just a guitar and Skyripper, nothing in the effects loop (yet). “Gritch fuzz” is just a blues lick that shows what the note does when it trails off on this setting. I have never heard this effect before. Then I’m just turning the volume knob on my guitar for the feedback. The “ZipModulate” clip is with the "rip bias" on in Skyripper mode, then I switch it off and the next part is light picking for the effect, then hard picking to “bypass” the effect (cool idea Joe). The last one, “TouchVibrato” is a weird pseudo vibrato effect that you can control the tempo with the tone and rip knobs and once again, control the effect by picking harder or softer. More clips to come but first I have to go buy a notebook to keep track of all the settings for the different sounds. I’ll try to have a few more by next week. Come to think of it, I never have had to make a notebook for a pedal before!!!! :icon_lol:

http://home.grics.net/tungngruv/content/sounds.html

NoFi

Thanks, I just ordered the components lol...  :icon_lol:

Eric H

Quote from: tungngruv on October 13, 2005, 11:07:32 PM
The last one, “TouchVibrato” is a weird pseudo vibrato effect that you can control the tempo with the tone and rip knobs and once again, control the effect by picking harder or softer.

I like that one a lot --the touch control is impressive

-Eric
--DougH