Some Flanger Questions...

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, October 13, 2005, 02:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

Why would you want TZF? I Looked in the search, and i DID learn what it is, but i still don't get why it's preferable over any other type of flanging...

I want to capture the sound of Flange With No Name, by lovetone www.lovetone.com The pedal absolutely amazes me, and i want to either make one or make one that can run with it. (parents don't believe in the purchasing of guitar things, but my father is a DIY kinda guy...)

I am also kind of interested in the Boss Dimension pedals, and would like any information that anyone is willing to offer...

also, mods to both would be cool  ;) i have a 4 way selector Data Switch enclosure that is to become a pedal, and i have plenty of knob space.

Thanks everyone!

puretube

e.g.:
you were 13 years old, when you went to the cinema to watch "Easy Rider" (back in`69),
and those guys (Peter Fonda/Jack Nicholson/Dennis Hopper) cruise on their Harleys to the sound of: "Wasn`t Born To Follow" (by The Byrds)...

and you knew: one day, I wanna be able to make that same sound!

http://members.tripod.com/~TazRider/easyrider.html

http://www.stlyrics.com/e/easyrider.htm

Connoisseur of Distortion

...what!?

i think i totally missed that one. but then, anyone who thinks easy rider was the best movie ever made...  ;)

MartyMart

Quote from: Connoisseur of Distortion on October 13, 2005, 02:51:21 AM
...what!?

i think i totally missed that one. but then, anyone who thinks easy rider was the best movie ever made...  ;)

For me, its a toss up between "It's a wonderful life" and "The Shawshank Redemption"
I guess that say's quite a lot about your's truly !!

Mart.
BTW: Just found an old Yamaha FL-01 which sounds amazing !
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Steben

So are we gonna poll for best movies or what ;-) ???
SOT?

Not that I don't want to ... :P
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

MartyMart

Quote from: Steben on October 13, 2005, 05:00:31 AM
So are we gonna poll for best movies or what ;-) ???
SOT?

Not that I don't want to ... :P

One for the lounge ?
Mine are WAY too obvious anyway's  :icon_redface:

M.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

puretube

maybe the young ones oughta go here: , & click on "MP3" (right under the picture), and listen carefully between 00:59 and 01:30...

from that same era there were songs like: "Itchycoo Park" (Small Faces),
"Sky Pilot" (Eric Burdon), and (thx Vsat, for the reminder): "Pics of Matchstick Men" (Status Quo") and others, that featured that sound...

Bernardduur

Hahaha

When you want "space", you got it!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account