Maybe you all knew this. I did not.

http://members.aol.com/jeffhailey/fz5.htm
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

MartyMart

Ha !
That's quite close isn't it ? ...... hmmm

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

brad

Ah crap.  I had the choice of buying either this pedal or a Soundtank Auto-Wah for AU$10 during a music store Xmas sale a few years ago.  The guy wouldn't let me take both -so I chose...THE AUTO-WAH  >:(

If only I'd chosen the 60's Fuzz.  I could have had a $10 Big Muff!

Steben

Yes, but a big muff needs a rusty steel "tankjovski" casing in my eyes if you would buy it ;-). Esthetics, you know...
And it isn't that hard to DIY either.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Ben N

Well, it ain't quite there.  The FZ5 has pretty much no bottom, and if you look at the coupling and tone stack cap values you will see why.  Jeff also had some suggestions posted a while back for modding it closer.  I've got a couple sitting around waiting to mod, but I can't get to them right now--they are in another country!  It also seems to me that the BJT input buffer would be better as a JFET, and the JFET buffer ahead of the volume control maybe as a BJT(?), but the pinouts prevent a straight swap.  One of these days...

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Yun

i've owned several of these Soundtanks (i've had about 3 60's fuzzes at one time), i thaught they sounded pretty good......Until i got my EH big-Muff back  :icon_biggrin:

while it doesn't compare to the big-muff (in my own opinion) It works VERY well with chord progressions, and fizzy leads....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"