Anyone else had problems with www.schematicconnection.com ?

Started by scott, October 13, 2005, 07:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with www.schematicconnection.com?

I paid for the schematics for a TC electronics Booster+/Line Driver/Distortion Pedal but never received them.
I have emailed 5+ times and no one has ever replied..
Paypal dont want to know about it ... so I guess I'm out of pocket...

Anyone else ever dealt with them?

Strat Cat

I've dealt with them twice. The first time it took several weeks to get my schematics. I was told that the guy had health issues of some kind so I figured OK I can understand that. The second time I dealt with them I never got any response at all. At least PP refunded my money. I'll never deal with them again.

Gripp

Melanhead

Try here next time : http://www.musicparts.com/

A lot of their service manuals are downloadable, after you pay for it of course ... ;)

Got my TS9 service manual from them ... It's great!

brad

Last time I visited the site it said the owner was having some serious heart surgery or something, so I'd say that's the reason for the delays rather than the site being dodgy.

I was going to buy the schematics for the Peavey Hotfoot distortion, Accellerator Overdrive, and Compressor.

vanhansen

Last update on the home page is from 8/6.  Says he had hip replacement surgery and is behind in filling backorders.  Big red text, can't miss it.  Guess it's time for another update from him.
Erik

scott

Quote from: Gripp on October 13, 2005, 09:50:39 AM
Hi!
Try to get a refund and then go here: http://www.godiksennet.com/images/sch/TC_dist_boost.pdf
Best!
Pelle G

Hey Pelle G  !!
Thanks for the schematic. I cant get my cash back via PAYPAL because its way past the dispute deadline. SO I'm out of pocket $30US but at least I have what I wanted.

Quote from: vanhansen on October 13, 2005, 05:56:20 PM
Last update on the home page is from 8/6.  Says he had hip replacement surgery and is behind in filling backorders.  Big red text, can't miss it.  Guess it's time for another update from him.

It also says new orders that need to be copied could take up to a maximum of 14 days to process. I've been waiting 3 months.... and he doesn’t reply to emails. He may very well be seriously ill...but that doesn’t get my money back nor does it stop other people wasting money on trying to buy schematics from him while he is incapacitated.

cjlectronics

Yes, I think I got screwed too.  I paid $17 for a H&K Rotosphere and I still have not seen it after repeated emails and 3 weeks.  I'm really ticked off as I need this for my business and I have a client waiting for me to repair it. Surgery or not, he should have the common courtesy to halt further business if he can't provide his end of the deal.  Basically, he's stealing from people.  Again, I'm upset and I'm spreading the word!

CJ Landry
CJLectronics

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

This reminds me that anyone with an on-line presence should have somebody ready to take care of their site & list subs when they die, because otherwise you might not only be dead, but look like an a$$hole as well..
Seriously.

bluesdevil

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave) on October 13, 2005, 09:40:37 PM
This reminds me that anyone with an on-line presence should have somebody ready to take care of their site & list subs when they die, because otherwise you might not only be dead, but look like an a$$hole as well..
Seriously.

That's for sure...... I remember seeing the pileup of negative feedback on eBay for a friend of mine who passed away leaving customers wondering what the hell happened to their merchandise until someone finally posted something about his death.
          Regardless, I'm sorry the Peavey Hotfoot Distortion schematic never made it into the hands of someone here...... I've been wanting to take a look at that for a long time, since I used one in the late 80's.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Rick Hardslab

I ordered the EH schematic package from him a few years ago and if I remember correctly there was a delay because he was having problems with his ribs.  He was really friendly.  I also asked about a Vox wah schematic and he emailed me a few he had found on the internet.  Hopefully he'll get better soon.

Strat Cat

After reading these posts I'd say this guy either has some serious health issues or is a liar.

brad

Quote from: bluesdevil on October 13, 2005, 09:53:09 PM
I'm sorry the Peavey Hotfoot Distortion schematic never made it into the hands of someone here...... I've been wanting to take a look at that for a long time, since I used one in the late 80's.

I've only heard good things about the Hotfoot.  That entire line of 80's Peavey pedals are supposed to be fantastic and extremely quiet.

Roberto

It's sad to hear that. I dealt with him about one year ago a couple of times.  No problem, apparently he was a very nice guy, fast shipping, etc. I hope he don't have a serious problem  :icon_cry:
[

Mark Hammer

I've been laid up for a couple of months following surgery (not now, but a few years ago).  It happens, and it is way too easy to fall wayyyyy behind, especially if you're a one-man operation, which this would seem to be.  Unfortunately, the same thing that keeps one from filling out orders is the same thing that keeps one from being able to get back to people and tell them WHY you can't fill out their orders.

Geez it would be nice to have a reliable secure bonded service you could call where, even if you were laid up in hospital with tubes up the wazoo, you could arrange with them to provide an outgoing service note to customers explaining why they haven't heard from you.  Even some sort of telephone accessible message-activation service, waiting on standby, with a pre-written or pre-recorded message that you can kick into action when needed.  I'm pretty confident that if was ever hospitalized, and had such a business, my wife would not have the foggiest idea where to start in terms of sending out "please be patient" messages.

With the ease of setting up web-based home businesses, it's hard to imagine this guy is the first and last person in this predicament.