True Bypass box, w/ LED

Started by Jef, October 15, 2005, 12:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jef

I'm wiring up a true bypass box (well technically I'm waiting for my paint to dry, but that is another story).  Anyway, I was working off of this diagram

http://www.diystompboxes.com/tbbox/tbbox.jpg

Originally I wasn't going to put an LED into the box, but since ordering I've decided that it makes a lot more sense to have one.  The problem is that I only have mono jacks, is it possible to use a mono jack for that or do you need to have one stereo one?

Thanks for the help!

markr04

Your battery would die prematurely without a way to switch it off when not in use. The stereo jack trick is a convenient way to add a power switch without drilling and mounting another switch. When you remove the plug from the input, the battery ground is lifted. You could mount a toggle switch though.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

Jef

That makes sense.  I wish I would have thought ahead when I was ordering stuff though.  All I have nearby is a cursed Radioshack.

Thanks a lot for the help though.

Jef

I realize this is a feedback looper, but if I'm reading this correctly it seems to have all mono jacks.  With the feedback switch in the 'off' position, isn't it basically a bypass unit.

I've really wanted a DBA Total Sonic Annihilation pedal, if I could get them both in one unit, I know I wouldn't complain.

Garrett

Hi,
     I made a bypass box show below. I just slapped a 2.1 power jack (boss size)  on mine.  I hate batteries. I don't even put a battery connector in any of my boxes.   I also used the ultra bright led;s i got aout of the digikey cat.

ROCKZILLA, Garrock

gaussmarkov

Quote from: Jef on October 15, 2005, 02:57:56 AM
I realize this is a feedback looper, but if I'm reading this correctly it seems to have all mono jacks.  With the feedback switch in the 'off' position, isn't it basically a bypass unit.

yep!  :)  did you see this version from NaBo's Layouts?

Jef

Quote from: gaussmarkov on October 15, 2005, 06:19:53 PM

yep!  :)  did you see this version from NaBo's Layouts?

Nope, haven't checked that out yet, seems like the page is down for some reason...  I've rigged it up LED free for right now (I just can't handle what my Big Muff does to my tone, but I can't live without it...)

Hopefully the site will come back online and there'll be all kinds of more fun for me...  :)

Thanks!