pot for a Colorsounds wah?

Started by kolumbus, October 15, 2005, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kolumbus

Hello!
I own a really great sounding 70`s Colorsounds wah pedal,but the origanal pot doesn`t  work properly anymore. Does anybody knows exactly what pot I could use to for replacement,so I could order it somewhere? 

Thanks!

MartyB

You'd probably have a devil-of-a-time finding a new exact replacement. A couple of suggestions :  If it is merely scratchy, try some electrical contact cleaner/lubricant, or WD-40.  If it mechanically isn't turning then replace it. You can use a substitute.   My Colorsound wah wah pot is 100k lin.  Just make sure the shaft length and diameter work with your pedal.  Look into Hot Potz or here's a site from the UK :

http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/price4.html

hansl

Hi,

I would suggest that you try to fix the pot as MartyB suggests. If you don't know how to, take the Colorsound wah-wah to a repair shop and ask them to clean the pot for you. Replace it only if it is broken.

I have a Colorsound re-issue wah-wah. The pot used in my wah is a Bourns plastic pot, type 91. This pot is pretty expensive, but my experinece is that this pot works excellent, it is "self-healing". At one time it became scratchy, but it went away all by itself just using the wah a couple of times! I have not had any problems since.

BR,
Hans

12afael

I have a colorsound supa swell fuzz wha ... it use a 100k double pot with 7 pins...  :icon_eek: HHHHAAAARRRRRDDDDD to find...

I someone know where i can find one please tell me.

TheBigMan

Quote from: 12afael on October 15, 2005, 08:21:40 PM
I have a colorsound supa swell fuzz wha ... it use a 100k double pot with 7 pins...  :icon_eek: HHHHAAAARRRRRDDDDD to find...

I someone know where i can find one please tell me.

I would try Stuart at wah-wah.co.uk as suggested above.  Not in his stock list but he might know.  :)

Reggiechacha

I replaced mine with a standard dual gang 100k linear and it works great. I don't think the extra lug on the original makes any difference.

Solidhex

Quote from: Reggiechacha on January 05, 2009, 04:17:06 PM
I replaced mine with a standard dual gang 100k linear and it works great. I don't think the extra lug on the original makes any difference.

Yeah

Usually when there's an "extra" lug on a pot it just grounds out to whatever the pot is attached to.

--Brad

Exactopposite

I know these people sell them. I bought some form them when I lived local to that store.
http://www.acksupply.com/

I don't remember the model # but it's a sealed canadian made military grade 100k linear pot. It's a perfect fit for my colorsound reissue. I had a hard time finding a pot for it and the original pot got scratchy the day I got it.

I built a vintage colorsound circuit for it to replace the non inductor circuit that it came with.