"Swamp Thang" Tremolo Mystery

Started by Garrett, October 18, 2005, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garrett

I hear tale of a trem pedal called the "Swamp Thang".  I was wondering if anyone in the community had ever seen one, heard one....etc.... 

If anyone has one I would love to see a photo.

I have come across reviews that this thing is the holy grail.

I would love to clone one to see what it's all about.

Rock on, Garrock

puretube

yes, it`s been popping up >10 times a day in at least as many threads @ H-C FX forum
since quite a while...
(the forum with the large SIGs...);
mostly popping up by the same poster...

spamolo, if you ask me - I prefer the PULSAR  :icon_mrgreen:

RDV

Removed out of resect for C.D.

R.I.P.

RDV

amz-fx

Quotemostly popping up by the same poster...

That poster seems to carry a lot of weight as to what becomes popular on H-C.  (along with a couple of other freuqnet posters)

regards, Jack

RDV

I can't even register there. I've given up.

RDV

analogmike

The article you referred to above states :

"The Swamp Thang is a modification of the basic Diaz Tremodillo circuit and just changing a few component values did little to improve its shortcomings - the best change is that it is true bypass and the Tremodillo is not. There is a noticeable loss of highs and the tremolo cycles somewhat asymmetrically"

It's worse that that, he ripped off Cesar's exact board and all, best to avoid doing business with someone who disrepects the dead who can no longer defend themselves.

DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

BDuguay

I checked out the sound samples and you're right Mike, there is an asymmetrical thing going on there. It didn't float my boat as far as what I'm looking for in a tremelo. Now that I know it's a ripped off circuit, all the more reason not to look into it any further. There is some good to come out of this. It has inspired a way for me to shorten my list of pedals to get. Simply check out sound samples whenever possible and investigate as to whether there's any wrong doing with regards to the circuit. Works for me.
B.

MartyMart

I know that I'm repeating myself .... again ..... but the tremolo section of
the "Ring Frobnicator" is very, very good indeed !
I remember giving it a 10/10 on a build report.
You just have to be careful with the voltage divider and use
matched 3mm RED LED's ...

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com