Need schematic of EMMA ReezaFRATzitz

Started by Picassochild, October 21, 2005, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd

Quote from: Picassochild on October 27, 2005, 03:29:59 PM
So, guys, what do you think is it possible to remove all that plastic from PCB?

Oh yeah, a chisel tip on your soldering iron will do the trick nicely.

Though, if you don't want to destroy all the components, best to use heat, a dental pick, and lots and lots of elbow grease!

Picassochild

I just have received e-mail from Emma...kinda negative answer about modding...

I'll have to discuss with my partner about if we will do these mods for
you. This is not something we normally do. If you need more gain I'm afraid
that you'll have use another pedal along with the Reezafratzitz or hotter,
more midrangey pickups or amp.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

wampcat1

There IS a schem of this pedal out there. It is on another DIY forum that (iirc) is not allowed to be linked to for whatever reason.

bw

John Lyons

Insert this into the partial link above.   gro.sexobpmotseerf    (it's backwards here)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

DougH

No big news here. It's basically yet another Craig Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz, according to the reports...

<yawn>

Kind of puts a different spin on that "sealed in epoxy" circuit board, methinks. I guess this just never gets old...
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

mattpas

Quote from: DougH on February 20, 2009, 11:27:53 AM
No big news here. It's basically yet another Craig Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz, according to the reports...

<yawn>

Kind of puts a different spin on that "sealed in epoxy" circuit board, methinks. I guess this just never gets old...

The ReezaFRATzitz is a very high gain pedal and sounds nothing like the TSF.
Looks like it could be slightly based?

DougH

It's modded, of course.

Still throws the gooping in a different light than intended.

Gooping is intended to make you think "this is so speshul it must be kept secret" when in fact many times what it really means is "you've seen this one before, so we must wrap it in an aura of mystery to ensure there's interest in it".

I don't really care either way. T'ain't no big deal to me. I'm not in now nor will ever be in the market for boutique distortion pedals. I'm just telling it like it is.

wampcat1

gooping cracks me up... designing/building pedals isn't the hard thing. It's the selling of them that is hard. It takes ALOT of hard work to continuously sell enough pedals to make a living at it, but alot of guys can sit down and whip up a pretty kick ass overdrive in a matter of minutes.

I'm get a kick out of the people who epoxy crap just so no one will find out its a fuzz face, tubescreamer, or rat clone!
:icon_mrgreen:

DougH

I tend to agree with you. At least from my perspective as an engineer. Designing is relaxing and fun. Building is a little more hassle but still fun. Selling is something else. I've never really got up the chutzpah to deal with it. It seems too much like work. Hell, I start nodding off just trying to come up with a big parts order list. I've got a day job. It's fun and I'm happy with my income. What do I need a night job for? (I don't even order parts at my job- I design and build stuff... I'm one spoiled S.O.B...) Building the same dirt box 500 times seems like too much of a grind. But sometimes I think it would be fun to throw a couple "originals" up on Ebay just to see what happens. Just gotta get through that parts list first...

wampcat1

Robert Kiyosaki (I think - rich dad, poor dad author) once said something like "there's a whole world of difference between being the author of a best *written* book and the best *selling* book...
bw

YouAre

To the Original Poster,

Instead of hacking up a pedal and killing it's resale value/warranty, you can definitely do something outside the pedal to better suit your needs. I noticed you probably wouldn't want to change your amp settings in order to get a sound out of the pedal that's more suitable for your specific needs. What if you made a true-bypass loop and hardwired a booster at the input or output of the pedal? This way you can get the desired extra gain or mids/presence. It would be a simple fix, which would eliminate the need for taking the pedal apart, "de-gooping," tracing the circuit, then trying to figure out how to mod the pedal.

Murad
Godlyke Distributing