SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Sopht Amp

Started by RLBJR65, October 25, 2005, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLBJR65

Stephane, Nice work!

Couple of q's
Is this a clip of the 12AL8 V2 posted here? http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=28581.0 I didn't see any for V2 on your web page.
Also have you tried adding a tone stack of any type? I see you noted the tone changes between V1 and V2 
Is it worth replacing R6 with a 1M or so fixed and a 1M pot in series?

I have a schem. for a simple tube tremolo using a single triode I may try to add.

It would also be interesting to try a second 12AL8 using the triode for the trem circuit and re arranging the amp into a push pull type using the tetrodes. Thats probably far beyond my abilities  :icon_redface: but it would be fun trying.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Richard

Richard Boop

RLBJR65

Duh, I was looking at the V2 schem. and listening to the V3 clip.

After a bit of reading I see that in order to make a push pull amp out of it I will need 2 12AL8's, the triodes for phase spliting and the tetrodes for the power amp.

BTW if anyone wants to build this amp I found a source for N.O.S. TungSol 12AL8's $3.00 ea. PM me if you want one. Frieght should be fairly inexpensive in the states.
Richard Boop

snorky

Love to know your source.

Thanks!

- Mark
Elephants are the new skulls.

RLBJR65

Mark, I found them at a surplus dealer. I'm not sure if they will ship them or not. I could mail them much cheaper than most companies would charge for shipping and handling anyway.

I get in at least once and would be happy to pick up as many as you need.
Please PM your info if you want any.

Richard
Richard Boop