Finished pedals, pics, clips !! !! !!

Started by syzygy, October 29, 2005, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Very nice looking pedals indeed - seems a shame to stomp on them!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

syzygy

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 30, 2005, 02:37:02 PM
seems a shame to stomp on them!

Yes, but they will definitely get used and abused!  i don't plan on just looking at them, they will get played played played :) :)

formerMember1

Yeah awesome work,.. I never decided to paint my pedals, i just wanted to leave them plain, it only matters to me about the sound and if it is truebypass with LED and if it is road worthy, but now i think i might become a Painter after i saw yours!!

INCREDIBLE!!!  :D

Nice decals too!!!

Processaurus

Best I've seen in a good while :)  You've got an excellent sense of design, the Insanity Box doesn't even look crowded with six knobs and 2 switches. 

And the PAINT :-* looks delicious

syzygy

Quote from: Processaurus on October 31, 2005, 09:36:41 PM
the Insanity Box doesn't even look crowded with six knobs and 2 switches. 

Thanks formerMember1 and Processaurus!
Those small pots from Mouser really helped give it some breathing room.  I did't think the space in the Hammond 1590BB boxes would be eaten up so fast..  I ordered from Mouser and Smallbear 2 times each before I got everything I needed for four boxes.  At first the pots I got were all different sizes until I wised up and realized I could get just about any pot value I wanted in those really small sizes.  live and learn!

Speaking of live and learn--I accidentally snapped 4 germanium diodes in half with my fingers--didn't know how fragile they were!  I ran out of space in a Boss pedal I was modding, so I used a dremel to shorten a pot leg for wiggle room, and proceeded to cut off the whole leg, destroying a perfectly working component.  :o   Also I comopletely burned out an orange LED by  hooking to a battery with no resistor.   :icon_rolleyes:  It blinked bright orange for a split second and was gone for ever.

maselectguitar

syzygy,

Absolutely the perfect sound I was after, and all in all totally AWESOME dude!

I also tried twice to build it this way (your way) that has the switch to select between the TL071 and JRC4558 chips, but have failed so far.

Is it possible to have your schematics and PCB layout in any soft format? 

If you don't mind please I wish to build one too.

Much appreciated dude!

bluesdevil

Quote from: maselectguitar on April 01, 2014, 07:55:33 PM
syzygy,

Absolutely the perfect sound I was after, and all in all totally AWESOME dude!

I also tried twice to build it this way (your way) that has the switch to select between the TL071 and JRC4558 chips, but have failed so far.

Is it possible to have your schematics and PCB layout in any soft format? 

If you don't mind please I wish to build one too.

Much appreciated dude!

OP last active June 2009. DId you try a PM or email?
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

maselectguitar

bluesdevil,

yes I did, no respond unfortunately!

anyone out there can help please? I'd very much appreciate if.