Stompbox Suggestion

Started by -Kknd-, November 01, 2005, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kknd-

Hey, i have build until now a booster and a fuzz (Sili-Face II), and im looking for something diferent, that can be made in a perfboard (ahh, someday i will buy the corrosive to do pcbs =D ).

Thanks.

Processaurus

Orange Squeezer compressor
EA tremolo
Mr EQ
True bypass loop box
any of Tim Escobedo's projects.  Big Fun  http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html
Vanishing Point Sequencer
Digitech Whammy Pedal   ;) kidding...

-Kknd-

Jaicen_solo

Build the Green Ringer!
:icon_mrgreen:
With the two pedals you've already built, it'll sound brilliant!!

Mark Hammer

A splitter/mixer is a wonderful project that will continue to give you mileage years from now.

By splitter, I mean something which provides two separate, non-interacting outputs from a single input.  By mixer, I mean something which will combine varying levels of each of several inputs.

You can easily build something like this into a 1590BB chassis.  It will need 6 jacks (one in, one out, two for splitter out, two for mixer in), and two pots/knobs for mixing.

WHY is it a good thing to build?  One you go parallel, you'll find you can never go back.  By "parallel", I mean running two different effects chains at the same time and combining them in interesting ways.  For instance, you could send your "dry" signal through something intended to give a nasty, resonant fuzz, but send the other splitter-channel to a delay to get clean repeats you can mix in.  The tonal difference between the "foreground" (fuzz, nondelayed) and "background" (clean, delayed) will achieve a less cluttered sounding combination.  And that's only one of the possibilities.

You don't HAVE to use the splitter either, and can simply mix down two instrument sources with the same box.  Like I say, you'll be able to find lots of uses for it, unlike many fuzzes and such which may interest you for a while but lose their appeal after a year.