petemoore

:icon_wink: High Input Impedance
  Gain control
  Volume Control
  Great Sound
  Plenty of Boost for my purposes
  EZ Build status
  The ability to 'utilize different types of transistors
  This last one makes it a good circuit to listen to transistors in.
  EZ...I twisted a couple *2m2's together and had them in the board in no time, I was already .3 done. Other than that there are no 'wierd' parts to speak of.
  I just strung my 'double ground' wire in [like I do] and soldered it to where a short stretch of solid core was, on pads. .
  It got the amp 'hompin' and sounded great. This one will see some utility, I have a Small Stone that recieved offset TBypass 3PDT, power jack, I'm sure would like it...I might just build another for general boost use :icon_cool:.
  [*didn't seem noisy with 2n3904 or J201, both biased nicely]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on November 05, 2005, 12:40:15 AM
   :icon_wink: High Input Impedance
  Gain control
  Volume Control
  Great Sound
  Plenty of Boost for my purposes
  EZ Build status
  The ability to 'utilize different types of transistors
  This last one makes it a good circuit to listen to transistors in.
  EZ...I twisted a couple *2m2's together and had them in the board in no time, I was already .3 done. Other than that there are no 'wierd' parts to speak of.
  I just strung my 'double ground' wire in [like I do] and soldered it to where a short stretch of solid core was, on pads. .
  It got the amp 'hompin' and sounded great. This one will see some utility, I have a Small Stone that recieved offset TBypass 3PDT, power jack, I'm sure would like it...I might just build another for general boost use :icon_cool:.
  [*didn't seem noisy with 2n3904 or J201, both biased nicely]

i added a layout for the utility boost to my gallery page. it'll work for bjt's and the nte458 jfet...to use with a j201 you'll have to twist the legs....

andy