News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Keeley Mods

Started by Screaming Solo, November 05, 2005, 10:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Screaming Solo

is there any site that shows all the mods done by keeley? particularly for the DS-1 and SD-1

spudulike

jimbob

You can check through the seach function here but i think they are kinda sketchy or outdated. Im sure he keeps the real ones secret even though he used list them on his site or still does. Besides, after a while here and a little research you can probably find just as good mods or better on your own or from other members. It seems one mod sounds better to some ears than others. Example- I really like the way my sd-1 sounds (with my setup) than the modded ones out there so I leave it alone.

Good luck!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Screaming Solo

alright thanks alot with the help  ;D

Screaming Solo

hey i have one more question

what kind of parts are the best to use?

i know its mostly subjective but what are some general things i should know about what parts sound good

for example.....carbon fil resistors? germaniam transistors? electrolytic caps?

what kind of parts generally sound best?

guitar_199

Well.....one of the things is.... replacing electrolytic caps in the signal path with other, better types.

Apparently the electrolytics are prone to odd frequencyt dependent phase shifts that play hovoc with the tone. What I used in mine was the ones that (I think) Brian at indyguitarist.com recommends...... a stacked metal film cap and if I remember correctly I got them at Digi-Key.  These have a fairly small size when compared to other caps of the same value and sound pretty good.