The switchless fuzz-any ideas?

Started by Noplasticrobots, November 06, 2005, 09:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noplasticrobots

I've had an idea for a fuzz mod for some time now. I'm envisioning a one knob circuit (like a Bazz Fuss or similiar) that would let the bypassed guitar signal through when the pot is all the way to the left.

If that's hard to understand (or wrong ) let me explain it in my lay-person terms, using the simple Bazz Fuss as the example circuit.

When the pot is turned all the way to the right (max gain) the effect would be on full, but when the effect is turned all the way left (normally volume all the way down), the effect turns off but gives a smooth, switchless transition from effect to clean signal. Could a transistor be used to switch the effect off when the pot hits maximum resistance? Any help or ides would be appreciated.
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

toneman

Hey NPR...

can U say "mixer"?   ;)

there ya go....   ;D

pan left --- it's a fuzz  :o
pan right -- it's clean  8)

staymix-O-lated
NotPublicRadio
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Noplasticrobots

D'oh! It is a mixer circuit ain't it? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll start doing my homework as soon as I get out of the dunce chair.
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Steben

Sounds like a "blend" mod like people tend to do in a Tube screamer. If your not getting sick in making another control I suggest a treble boost. With 50% clean - 50% fuzz blending and a good portion treble boost you easily get that drooly "samba pa ti" sound. If you notice well you hear a sharp edgy razor fuzz combined with smooth clean, giving a nice acceptable dynamic result.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them