Slightly O/T but i wish i was selling it!

Started by alteredsounds, November 11, 2005, 07:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alteredsounds

Bernardduur

Wow.......... with five days to go and already so much worth.......
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

MartyMart

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING   !!
THat box has "EIGHT" components ... not even a volume pot  !!

It's amazing how much " from the '60's / 70's"   bullshit people will
swallow ....  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

no one ever

Quote from: MartyMart on November 11, 2005, 08:30:09 AM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING   !!
THat box has "EIGHT" components ... not even a volume pot  !!

It's amazing how much " from the '60's / 70's"   bullshit people will
swallow ....  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

"mojo"

(chk chk chk)

tiges_ tendres

dont forget though, for a lot of people, its not about the mojo, or the amount of components/effort that goes into it, or even what it does.  It's about collecting, having an original!

For some people, seeing a print of the mona lisa is perfectly acceptable, others would only want to see it at the louvre or wherever it is.

Try a little tenderness.

BlueToad

I suppose it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it...
If it isn't broken, take it apart and fix it!

JimRayden

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on November 11, 2005, 12:36:44 PM
dont forget though, for a lot of people, its not about the mojo, or the amount of components/effort that goes into it, or even what it does.  It's about collecting, having an original!

For some people, seeing a print of the mona lisa is perfectly acceptable, others would only want to see it at the louvre or wherever it is.

Exactly. Now, it seems logical that an art collector would pay far more for a real "Mona Lisa" than for a mere poster of it. That's EXACTLY the case here. You can always print more copies and sell them for dollar a piece. It would be a bit more difficult to go back in time and make Leo paint a few more of these.

-----------
Jimbo

wampcat1

absolutely -- the folks who buy pedals at that price aren't like us - and sometimes barely play guitar!  :icon_lol:
They are the ones who are collectors and will pay top dollar for something that is unusual or in short supply of.
: )