The Blackfire is a screamer!

Started by jmusser, November 13, 2005, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioguy

Im going into a Fender hot rod deluxe and with the amp volume on 3, I get nothing from the blackfire.  At half
I could hear the sound faintly.  From 3/4 up, I was able to get a unity.

But like I said... with an SS amp it sounds MASSIVE.

WGTP

If you can't get a BIG sound out of your rig with a BF, you need a new rig.   :icon_twisted:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

audioguy

I have a feeling that theres more to it than that... I WISH it was that simple though.

WGTP

Whoops, didn't mean to insult your rig, I just meant that of all distortions I have tried, it is the Hughest.   :icon_cool:

I have run it into my all tube PV Bravo and it sounded great.  Seemed to blend in with the natural distortion the amp produced, rather than sounding like a pedal going into to it.   :icon_cool:

audioguy

no no... no insult at all... Like I said I just wish it was that easy! This thing sounds AMAZING in front of an SS amp. So Im REALLY confused.... and impedance is a pretty foggy issue for me... so I was hoping that it might be a simple buffer fix.

WGTP

Are you using the clean channel or a hi-gain one.  Sometimes running a hi-gain pedal into the hi-gain channel can cause weird things to happen.  Does it have a hi and lo gain input?   :icon_cool: