Stompbox wiring for fuzzface

Started by AdamB, November 13, 2005, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamB

Yay!

Wired everything up and it works, my first ever build. It sounds pretty good, using a couple of matched low-gain AC128's, sounds pretty good I think. I've still got to house it in the enclosure, which is going to be something special ;) I'll post the finished product in a few days hopefully, with pics and sound samples.

Keep the faith,

-Adam
[indifferent::engine]
http://www.indifferentengine.com

Yun

Quote from: AdamB on November 16, 2005, 01:33:18 PM
Yay!

Wired everything up and it works, my first ever build. It sounds pretty good, using a couple of matched low-gain AC128's, sounds pretty good I think. I've still got to house it in the enclosure, which is going to be something special ;) I'll post the finished product in a few days hopefully, with pics and sound samples.

Keep the faith,

-Adam

Far out, man  :icon_biggrin: !  Glad to hear that you got it goin', dude. 

You should try a silicon one next.  i've allways loved the tone (harshness/Bite?) that silicon transistors provide. 

"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

AdamB

Yea, this is only the beginning, next up I think will be a silicon axis face, got most the parts for it already, doing a simpler one as the first attempt at making it failed. I also need to build a decent octave fuzz at some point, played a roger mayer one a while ago and loved it, can't afford such an outrageously priced pedal tho. I have a tychobrahe, but it's too harsh for my tastes.

-Adam

Yun

Quote from: AdamB on November 16, 2005, 05:07:25 PM
Yea, this is only the beginning, next up I think will be a silicon axis face, got most the parts for it already, doing a simpler one as the first attempt at making it failed. I also need to build a decent octave fuzz at some point, played a roger mayer one a while ago and loved it, can't afford such an outrageously priced pedal tho. I have a tychobrahe, but it's too harsh for my tastes.

-Adam

i think you'd love my work, man.  The pedals that i publically "design" are right up your alley- it seams....

Here's a few:

"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

formerMember1

Quote from: AdamB on November 16, 2005, 05:07:25 PM
silicon axis face, got most the parts for it already, -Adam

Do you mean the Axis Face silicon rev 3 form fuzzcentral? I built this pedal and love it,  well actually i changed a few parts, the stock parts for this pedal weren't what i like, but the end result is one of the best fuzzfaces  i have ever played.  With a few changes you get the best of the both worlds of Germanium and  Silicon.  You could PM me for help wiring it up, i could tell you exactly how to do it,...

;)

AdamB

It's OK, I think I understand how it works now, it's just I hadn't really thought about it before I started doing it, so I messed it up. It sort of clicked how it works when I was wiring up my fuzz face.

I've just gotta finish the enclosure for my fuzz face then I'll re-attempt the axis face circuit, the enclosures are gonna be pretty methinks ;)

-Adam