diagrams for VC-LFO??

Started by rx5, September 07, 2003, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx5

Ive read about anderton's Hyperflange.... he used a circuit called voltage controlled Low frequency oscillator as his clock for the flanger to get an exponential output to drive the delay chip.... and also said to control the LFO, he had to feed the output(ramp) to the Cv .....

any diagrams for a much simpler approach with comon parts??
BE d Bezt, Urz D Rezt... RoCk ON!!!

Mark Hammer

The LM566 and XR2206 oscillator chips can both be adapted to voltage control.  You may have better luck just entering "vontage-controlled LFO" into google.  Many of the synth-DIY websites have schematics for such things since it is not an undesirable thing in synthesis, especially for producing vocal like end-of-note quivers.

Mike Burgundy

if that doesn't work, try "VCO", with or without "Synth"

R.G.

It's really much simpler to use a linear ramp and expo-shape it.

The problem is that a voltage controlled LFO may not be voltage controlled for instantaneous ramp speed, only overall speed.

I have a VCLFO circuit kicking around somewhere as I remember. I'll look.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

gez

There's a voltage controlled LFO in a tremolo circuit from one of the Penfold books.  I've only got a photo copy so I couldn't tell you which one it's in - perhaps someone else knows?
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

hank reynolds 3rd

rays synth page has a vclfo... http://atlas.csd.net/~rjwsoft/synthesizer.html

this sight has got some damn good stuff on it.....

sam

rx5

rx5

whew... can i post pic from my pc to this forum??

hank, nice link...just wondering....no control for RATE or SPEED... ??

R.G. im gonna wait....for your expo circuit :-)

tboy

Quote from: rx5whew... can i post pic from my pc to this forum??
Not that way; you'd need to have the image available on a web server somewhere.

Quote from: rx5....no control for RATE or SPEED... ??
The speed is set by a control voltage input. Some VCLFOs provide an "initial speed" control, but this one doesn't.
-tb

rx5

yup.... no controls....

ben thinkin, IF i were to change the "RATE" or "SPEED" pot with and LDR...and control that LDR with a LED controlled by the RAMPs output voltage... maybe....as the ramp outputs higher voltage, it would mean more voltage fed to the led (by way of an NPN transistor buffer) and the more ligh it emmits and the more the LDR resistance drops , thereby making the ramp  go much faster in RATE... until the voltage goes down lowering the voltage given to the LED and making the Resistance of the LDR go higher...slowing the output of the ramp.... i dunno if this would be almost equal to an expo output...what do you think guys?? just came up with this idea last night..... :P